• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet no serial

Leo6494

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am trying to buy a Juliet off Craiglist. The seller says it has no serial, but it's got papers, hardbox and 1999 coin. How do I know if this is original? I do not know much about Oakley XMetals but I am really like it and am planning to collect. Please if anyone can help.

Pictures are huge here. Get some detailed pictures of the orbitals and the earstems. Most importantly the orbital "split" where the screw is for replacing lenses and the inside of the left earstem by the hinge area. Also the tip of the earstems should NOT flare outwards. This is a dead giveaway. Some Juliets carry a serial, SKU # or no serial at all depending on the Generation of production. The coin should be a large flat disc with the "Juliet" script printed on it.

Here are some pictures by the way.

00L0L_cVQlNdDvf8I_600x450.jpg

01313_4g1rkb433TV_600x450.jpg

00c0c_9WA5Rtmse89_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_2qxC759Cty5_600x450.jpg

@Dyeraudio kindly see the pictures that I got off from the seller. I am anout to meet him but just needed to know if this is authentic.

Look legit to me from what I can see but post a shot straight on of the orbital. A "slanted" cut proves fake. If that is legit that's a beautiful Plasma finish. If the box is correct for that pair the SKU on the label should read 04-113. If that frame is original to that box then the left earstem should definately be serialized with PxxxxxxA or PxxxxxxB.

Look legit to me from what I can see but post a shot straight on of the orbital. A "slanted" cut proves fake. If that is legit that's a beautiful Plasma finish. If the box is correct for that pair the SKU on the label should read 04-113. If that frame is original to that box then the left earstem should definately be serialized with PxxxxxxA or PxxxxxxB.
I am about to meet him. He is selling it for $250 but was only able to haggle for $200.

If that frame is original to that box then the left earstem should definately be serialized with PxxxxxxA or PxxxxxxB.
A lot, if not most, of the no serial, no SKU, 4th gens came in that style box too - it's only very late 4th gens that came with the 3 part box. So this serial-free example could have come with this box originally, it's not necessarily a mismatch.

Heres what he says on his posting:

en's Oakley Juliet X Plasma Fire "1999" Sunglasses
Excellent Condition
Includes all original materials: Case, Box, 1999 Coin and papers (originally purchased from Oakley website when they first came out) There is not a serial number on them as it was before they started doing so.