1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetalfreak

xmetalfreak Oakley Beginner

I went to the HQ today and had 3 of my juliets tuned up but apparently they're not as tight as the others I brought in a few months ago. what im talking about is that the couplers are soft. is it just me or they probably used a different compound for the couplers? the good thing is, the guy i talked to only made me pay 1 tune up for all the 3 juliets.

does anyone here got a pair of x metal tuned up lately?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

two possibilities -1, new compound rubber that apparently "lasts longer" but isnt rock hard like previous ones,
    2, your rivet holes are worn out inside and the frames cant be tightened further.

seeing as you had 3 pairs done simultaneously, i'd go with the first. let us know how they last

3. xmetalfreak

im also leaning on #1.. all 3 have the same or almost same flex. probably a new compound that is more rubbery to last longer than the old ones that tend to crumble. it cant be my rivet holes because i try to push the orbitals inwards and it doesnt budge.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yup there you go. i was told that they had a new compound.. but that was around a year ago..

5. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Oakley Beginner

I just had two pair done and noticed the same tight but rubbery feeling

6. i'm broke now

i'm broke now Oakley Beginner

^ ditto

7. xmetalfreak

i guess they made a new compound that would "last longer"(i hope)..:laugh:

8. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I was not impressed either by the 3 pair that I have sent in recently as well.
    To hear that this has become the norm makes me feel a little better since my concern was rivet hole deformation which is a worse issue than a softer coupler.

9. xmetalfreak

that was my 1st hunch after the tune up yesterday and i even tried to push the orbitals inwards to check if the rivet holes were deformed and gladly, it wasnt. i do hope the softer couplers would last longer.

10. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

I'll be interested to see how mine come back. I sent mine back in to our Australian division.

Fingers crossed they come back fairly tight.