• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliets / Black Hawk Down

OakTown10

Oakley Beginner
Any chance Oakley re releases these? I missed this one way back when and man are those a sweet bear of Oak's

Thanks

Any chance Oakley re releases these? I missed this one way back when and man are those a sweet bear of Oak's

Thanks
Welcome to the forum

No

We don't know anything.

We don't work directly for Oakley.

It's a forum for people who love Oakley product.

May I suggest calling Oakley customer service directly and asking if they will find a pair hidden away that they missed selling?

Also. No

here's mine

any excuse to show off...
a260376314e7aad3f8c0c10deaad5800.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

here's mine

any excuse to show off...
a260376314e7aad3f8c0c10deaad5800.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Beauties. I'm very jealous.

Curious. Do all X-Metal / Ruby Juliets have serial X#####? Are they all considered X-Men versions? Only difference is the first 5k were deemed 'movie release' perhaps with a deeper red Ruby?

Beauties. I'm very jealous.

Curious. Do all X-Metal / Ruby Juliets have serial X#####? Are they all considered X-Men versions? Only difference is the first 5k were deemed 'movie release' perhaps with a deeper red Ruby?

They do not all have serial numbers. Oakley stopped putting serial numbers on frames around 2004. Not all are considered "X-Men" Only the first 5K of the X##### serial numbers are considered to be X-Men. They command a premium price over those that numbered after 5K.

The ruby lenses in later generations were less redish, purpleish, bluish and some are even close to fire iridium.

Thanks. Interested in learning a bit more history on the Juliet X-Metal Rubies. As such, I'll ask a few questions.

I was checking out the O-Review Db also. They indicate two models for Juliet X-Metal with Ruby lenses, 04-116 and 24-125.

Are there other SKU model #s for Juliets with Ruby lenses?

Do all Juliet's with Ruby lenses have X-Metal frame?

Is the below correct?

X##### Serials
First produced around year 2000?
Do these match to 04-116 model SKU primarily?
First 5k serials are "X-Men" movie release versions
Earlier versions have deeper Ruby colorway (Red/Blue/Purple vs Red/Yellow)
How high do the serial numbers go, before they stopped in 2004?

Non Serial
Does this match to the 2009 production of SKU model 24-125?
These have more of a 'fruby' lens, at times closer to fire (red/yellow) than ruby (red/purple/blue)?

Latest Posts

Back