• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliets / Black Hawk Down

Hi Hang Loose,

Im a big fan of the rubies as well.

Some info relating to your questions.

1) Oakley supposedly made a carbon ruby as well. Apparently these are in the database and were a special indent for a particular retailer in Brazil. However I have never seen anyone with a pair of these lol. I think the closest anyone came was RVF? I think he saw a picture advertising these with the retailer name which was some jewellery chain.

2) First 5k serials are considered the x men release and the labels list the model as black ruby red

3) The subsequent lenses were not as red/purple as they changed the manufacturing process as it required a double coat which made the process too long.

Now for the money shot lol. Are the first 5k serials as good as rumoured.

From the time i collected juliets in 2001 till now I probably had 20 pairs of rubies passed through my hands. 2 of these were first 5ks serials and yes they are every bit as good as rumoured. The ruby lenses is exactly as what you saw in black hawk down. Unfortunately its kinda hard to find these in mint condition now. My advice is if you ever have a chance to get a pair with original lenses is to go for them even if they cost twice as much as a later gen. You will save yourself a lot of money in the long run lol.

GL with the search!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sub 5,000 serial lenses.

Here's my couple:
photobucket.com/user/funky-trixtar/media/DSCF4727.jpg.html]
DSCF4727.jpg
[/URL]

cket.com/user/funky-trixtar/media/DSCF4684.jpg.html]
DSCF4684.jpg
[/URL]
Sorry, I have to dissagree with you. With the old Ruby you get an amazing depth of colour, unmatched to this day: not even Torch hits the mark I'm affraid.

[QUOTE="Sorry, I have to dissagree with you. With the old Ruby you get an amazing depth of colour, unmatched to this day: not even Torch hits the mark I'm affraid.[/QUOTE]

100% agreed.

OMG the photos are making me wanna get another pair lol.

Ruby iridium has always been batch dependent. Not all the sub 5000 serial had dark purple in it and in fact you were more likely to get purple ish Ruby in the 20,000 than in the 5000s since Oakley had better control of its manufacturing.

Latest Posts

Back