• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliets - Real/Fake Polarized?

the3dolla

Oakley Beginner
Hello -

This is one of those, "I should have known better, how did I let this happen scenario". I've been eyeing some Juliet's on ebay for a while now and finally won an auction for supposedly Oakley Juliet Ice Iridium Polarized. I looked at the picture and though, "oh I don't think I can make Polarized out on the lens, but it's probably just the picture". (dumb, yea)

Oakley Polarized Juliet Plasma Ice Iridium 04 153 | eBay

I should have also been tipped by his bad "Check with the Oakley store, they will say it's authentic", All caps, etc. Somehow my better judgment was nowhere to be found that day. So, he ships them and I ask for an update and he goes on a bit of a tirade about Paypal not being good and that they are holding the money and want his SSN and "Crazy stuff like that". also that he has had USPS intercept the package and send it back to him. Well, it didn't get intercepted and I got it. He is now asking that he refunds my money and then to have me pay him directly through paypal, not through ebay/paypal. (yea right, not gonna happen) I have yet to tell him, "hey, these are fake or at the very least NOT polarized". (see below on why I think they are not polarized)

Sure enough, no polarized etched into the lens and doing the LCD test via my desktop, laptop and smartphone came back negative for a polarized lens. They seem legit, the left arm says 04-153 (model) 55O21 (sizing). It's using torx screws, has the gaskets and everything I'd expect. However, since that is the model for polarized and they are definitely not polarized they are either some really good fakes. (or bad since they are a polarized model without polarized lenses) Or they are indeed legit, but the lenses were replaced with non-polarized lenses either oem or aftermarket. The lenses do seem a little thin, compared to some other Oakley straight jackets I had but now lost. They came in a brown HDO bag, although I know that means nothing.

He also said something about having 10 total pairs as well. So, what does everyone here think? (other than, "why did you buy from this guy?") I don't think I can attach an extra pictures on here, can I? Also, since Oakley Juliets are metal, shouldn't a magnet stick to them? (it doesn't on these ones)

Thanks, Nick

If you do a Google search on the model it turns up with this:

Oakley - Polarized Juliet Plasma/Ice Iridium (04-153) customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

It's a Plasma/Ice Iridium Juliet and not a Polarized pair. If you like the pair and it's in good shape I would just bite the fact the guy might have made a mistake in saying it was polarized and keep the pair or you could go thru the process saying it was mis-represented and try to get your money back. Most of the time I see a model number I always do a google search and find out what it was supposed to be.

From the one pic on ebay it looks legit but perhaps you could take more and post just so the people here can see more and give you a better answer.

Hope this response helped.

I will not ask "Why did you buy from this guy?" because I did as well. I met him on a local sale. When I saw his Ebay ad and noticed it was local for me I made him a cash offer on a Polished Fire Polarized Juliet and an XS carbon BI. All checked out OK on inspection. Model #'s matched lenses, H stickers on left lens, Polarized etching on the fires. The only thing is the micro bags were small and were a bit tight. Might just be a mistake by the seller. Also magnets will not work with the X metal alloy. Maybe see if he will do a partial refund for not be as advertised. You can open a PayPal dispute but you will have to send them back and wait for the tracking to show delivered before you get the funds back. Good luck.

thanks

I will not ask "Why did you buy from this guy?" because I did as well. I met him on a local sale. When I saw his Ebay ad and noticed it was local for me I made him a cash offer on a Polished Fire Polarized Juliet and an XS carbon BI. All checked out OK on inspection. Model #'s matched lenses, H stickers on left lens, Polarized etching on the fires. The only thing is the micro bags were small and were a bit tight. Might just be a mistake by the seller. Also magnets will not work with the X metal alloy. Maybe see if he will do a partial refund for not be as advertised. You can open a PayPal dispute but you will have to send them back and wait for the tracking to show delivered before you get the funds back. Good luck.

Thanks for all that information. Mine had no H sticker and the nose piece has a slight mark that looks like it can't be rubbed out. I was wondering if I have to pay return shipping or what. On the Oakley website it says:

POLARIZED JULIET®
SKU# 04-153
Color: Plasma/Ice Iridium

So, it "should" have been polarized, definitely isn't though.

Thanks for all that information. Mine had no H sticker and the nose piece has a slight mark that looks like it can't be rubbed out. I was wondering if I have to pay return shipping or what. On the Oakley website it says:

POLARIZED JULIET®
SKU# 04-153

Oops, my bad. Even my link says "polarized."

POLARIZED JULIET®
SKU# 04-153

Regarding shipping, the only time I have had to return an item from Ebay as not advertised, PayPal deposited $15 into my account to cover the return shipping.

Regarding shipping, the only time I have had to return an item from Ebay as not advertised, PayPal deposited $15 into my account to cover the return shipping.

Thanks, good to know. I think that'll mean that I have to open a case, have to see what he wants to do. If I'm paying this much for some shades, I'd like to get the ones I wanted!

Well, the nightmare this has been has just gotten worse. He sent me this message claiming that "aha nice try to send me your old juliets, and that the ones he sent were polarized and that I'm scamming him, etc." Have to call Ebay now to deal with this, UGH. I'd watch out if you try and work with this crazy guy again.

Latest Posts

Back