• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jupiter Squared

Not wanting to start a flame-fest here, but am I the only one who thinks that a lot of these look like £1.99 frames from down the market?

I have to chime in on this....IMO its just the opposite, they look much nicer then plain old frogskins.. Not that I am knocking frog collectors..

is it just me, or does the Dispatch 2 just look like they took the Dispatch orbitals and the EP2's earstems. =) with that said, the Jupiter Squared looks great! when are the estimated release for these again?

It's a funny old world innit? Each to their own. It's all subjective, n all that.
One man's Dispatch is another man's Hijinx, etc.

At least we all like X-Metals. I mean that's a given.

Well, except the gold Juliet. :laugh:

I have to chime in on this....IMO its just the opposite, they look much nicer then plain old frogskins.. Not that I am knocking frog collectors..
I think I feel about the Frogskins in a similar light but that's because it is a rather dated/classic design. I mean, I'd like to think that an updated Frogskin frame design would kick ass.

I honestly don't like the rounded off design of the new Dispatch.. I like the old square design a loooot more.. Oh, and I can't stand the earstems on them either.. Too much EP2.. Guess I have to see them in person, before I decide.

Jupiter Squared -

IMG_507520-20Copie.jpg

DSC00986.jpg

The Jupiter Squared look great (at least in these photos). I'll have to check out how they actually look on me though.

In the second pic, is that a Koston edition Jupiter Squared on the bottom like his Limited Edition woodgrain effect Frogskins?

Oakley seem to be using a Frogskins colourways on the new models (Matte Clear, Matte Denim, and Woodgrain on these Jupiter Squared have already appeared on the Frogskins and the Plaid on the Dispatch 2's is also an Frogskins colourway).

I think I feel about the Frogskins in a similar light but that's because it is a rather dated/classic design. I mean, I'd like to think that an updated Frogskin frame design would kick ass.

Didn't they update the Frogskins design in the 90's to try and revive sales and everyone was completely appalled at the idea? I also thought I read somewhere that the Jupiters were actually supposed to be the replacement for the Frogskins?

Back