• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley lenses easily scratched?

Well, try to clean the case.

Or you can try to put the glasses in the case while they're in the MF bag. It'd be tight but you could probably make it work.

Alright, I'm still disappointed that my case would come dirty and my lenses are scratch the day I bought them. This is not the quality I expected from a sports sunglasses.

Maybe I'm just too OCD and those scratches are nothing....

Last edited:
Alright, I'm still disappointed that my case would come dirty and my lenses are scratch the day I bought them. This is not the quality I expected from a sports sunglasses.

Maybe I'm just too OCD and those scratches are nothing....
Return it to where you bought them tell them they were scratched I had that happened once and got a refund.
I now tend to buy more lenses with no iridium coatings like Warm grey bronze etc, less issues and also those are the ones I give to my mom dad girlfriend so they can start getting used to before a flashy lens.

Return it to where you bought them tell them they were scratched I had that happened once and got a refund.
I now tend to buy more lenses with no iridium coatings like Warm grey bronze etc, less issues and also those are the ones I give to my mom dad girlfriend so they can start getting used to before a flashy lens.

Yeah I'm strongly thinking that. On one hand, I despise the annoyance of easily scratched, but on the other, these 2 lenses are magnificent to look through and I am in need of a sports frame this week (fishing, hiking, and mountain biking with the family this weekend). If these type of lenses are just going to get slightly scratched regardless of whether I exchange for new ones or keep these ones, maybe I should just use them and just be more mindful about them. Hopefully these will be the only scratches they'll get... Yeah I know wishful thinking.

I have cleaned the case with compressed air and it looks very clean. I think I'll use them on my trip and just keep them despite the scratches. For those that read from here on, any further advice on how to keep your lenses scratch free would be most appreciated. I made the mistake of cleaning with my shirt with my first frame, I will not make that mistake again lol.

Edit: Thank you for everyone's kind replies so far. I hate for my first few post to be whiny, but it was just very upsetting that this happened.

Can't hurt to soak that case in some warm water and dish detergent. Soap specific to auto detailing may work better. Laundry soap has unnecessary chemicals and is designed for minimal suds. Then follow up with compressed air. If you get a bucket next to the air tank, repeat a few times.

The rational is the suds help with removal small contaminants...like hydrogen peroxide cleaning a wound.

If those frames are for the purpose of being active the outdoors I wouldn't be too concerned. As you said, they will happen. If the lenses were rare, special edition, out of production, etc... then treating them as fine china is the way to go.

Can't hurt to soak that case in some warm water and dish detergent. Soap specific to auto detailing may work better. Laundry soap has unnecessary chemicals and is designed for minimal suds. Then follow up with compressed air. If you get a bucket next to the air tank, repeat a few times.

The rational is the suds help with removal small contaminants...like hydrogen peroxide cleaning a wound.

If those frames are for the purpose of being active the outdoors I wouldn't be too concerned. As you said, they will happen. If the lenses were rare, special edition, out of production, etc... then treating them as fine china is the way to go.

Thank you for the great advice. I will do just that. Haha, if the lenses were special edition or rare, I'd treat them like they were my children!

Speaking of out of production, maybe I should grab a few more pair of these jade iridium polarize just in case sunglass hut/luxotica decides to not make them for my frame. I just LOVE looking out of these lenses, brightness reduction but still true to color.

I will try to get you guys some pics. I guess what I'm angry at is, how are these tough durable lens/sunglasses when they scratch and I have no idea what caused them??
16072788868146569119732090632891.jpg

Back