• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Macallan Flask

As you can see below my bottle says 1 of 400. I don't see a country called out anywhere.

The early initial reports were 400 sets total and mixed reports were everywhere --partially because of the poor PR communications by the company-- but Macallen later clarified the numbers if you e-mailed them. Many of the other reports are correct and the numbers reported by the O-Review are correct as well. Here is a small sampling of the reports

"You cannot get the Scotch without the flask, and this “definitive solution” will set you back $1,500. Only 550 sets were made, on sale from now until they are gone forever, at high-end spirits retailers nationwide."
Macallan Single Cask 22: A Scotch Whisky Worth Protecting

"For $1,500, both the flask and the bottle of whisky (sold as a set and limited to 400 in the U.S. and 550 worldwide) can be yours."
The Flask To End All Flasks

"only 400 will be released this month nationwide, 40 of those in New York City."
$1,500 whisky-and-flask set is rugged but rare

"This set has been limited to 400 in the United States and only 550 worldwide. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to own this ground-breaking set!"
Skyview Wine & Spirits Macallan 22-Year Scotch

"And only 550 limited editions of gift sets of The Flask with the accompanying 22yr single cask All American Sherry Oak Scotch Macallan will be available"
The Macallan | The Flask with Oakley (NOTCOT)

"For the launch a special gift set in 550 limited editions containing The Flask with the accompanying 22yr single cask of All American Sherry Oak Scotch Macallan was produced."
TQ » Oakley Designed A Bad Ass Flask For The Macallan.

"There are 550 limited editions of The Flask with the accompanying 22 years old spirit"
Macallan and Oakley team up for best whisky and flask ever

"Only 550 limited editions of The Flask with an accompanying bottle of the 22-year-old whisky are available, with a suggested retail price of $1,500."
The Macallan Flask ready for action | 2013-04-15 | Beverage Industry

"A mere 550 limited editions of The Flask with the accompanying 22 Years Old liquid are available for SRP $1,500, rendering this one unrivaled, iconic collectible."
A $1500 Flask for Macallan’s first-ever, single cask All American Oak Scotch Whisky

"Only 550 will be sold accompanying the 22 Years Old liquid."
Luxury Lifestlye Management | The Macallan Flask | Macallan

I am also trying to find the email response I got from Macallen clarifying it directly but seem to have problems locating it. I will post if and when I do find it.

Last edited:
I heard there is this guy that has a few of the standalone flasks and also a few of the boxed sets with the bottle.

Maybe he can help but I heard he's an ass about selling things/letting things out of his possession.

Sent from outside the house while almost taking out a snot nosed kid with an RC car.
Man heard that guy is full of crap has none of what he says he has:rolleyes::lol:

Man heard that guy is full of crap has none of what he says he has:rolleyes::lol:
Yeah. I also heard he got secretly married to some guy and they like to cover each other in body paint and pancake syrup. I think YOU may know exactly who his wife-husband is too.

Sent from a church in the village of NYC where they specialize in "those types" of marriages while having them search for a specific marriage record.

The early initial reports were 400 sets total and mixed reports were everywhere --partially because of the poor PR communications by the company-- but Macallen later clarified the numbers if you e-mailed them. Later reports are correct and The numbers reported by the O-Review are correct as well. Here is a sampling of the reports

"You cannot get the Scotch without the flask, and this “definitive solution” will set you back $1,500. Only 550 sets were made, on sale from now until they are gone forever, at high-end spirits retailers nationwide."
Macallan Single Cask 22: A Scotch Whisky Worth Protecting

"For $1,500, both the flask and the bottle of whisky (sold as a set and limited to 400 in the U.S. and 550 worldwide) can be yours."
The Flask To End All Flasks

"only 400 will be released this month nationwide, 40 of those in New York City."
$1,500 whisky-and-flask set is rugged but rare

"This set has been limited to 400 in the United States and only 550 worldwide. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to own this ground-breaking set!"
Skyview Wine & Spirits Macallan 22-Year Scotch

"And only 550 limited editions of gift sets of The Flask with the accompanying 22yr single cask All American Sherry Oak Scotch Macallan will be available"
The Macallan | The Flask with Oakley (NOTCOT)

"For the launch a special gift set in 550 limited editions containing The Flask with the accompanying 22yr single cask of All American Sherry Oak Scotch Macallan was produced."
TQ » Oakley Designed A Bad Ass Flask For The Macallan.

"There are 550 limited editions of The Flask with the accompanying 22 years old spirit"
Macallan and Oakley team up for best whisky and flask ever

I am also trying to find the email response I got from Macallen clarifying it directly but seem to have problems locating it. I will post if and when I do find it.
I agree 550 flasks were made.

From the earlier link I posted were they interviewed the Director at Macallan
400 flask/bottle combos available in the U.S. (150 flasks — no booze — available in the UK.)

And the other link

This particular Macallan was limited to only 400 bottles and thus only 400 sets, which can only be purchased in the US.

If more than 400 bottles were made to accommodate your 550 bottle sets then why does my bottle not say 1 of 550? The bottle says 1 of 400.

I agree 550 flasks were made.

From the earlier link I posted were they interviewed the Director at Macallan
400 flask/bottle combos available in the U.S. (150 flasks — no booze — available in the UK.)

And the other link

This particular Macallan was limited to only 400 bottles and thus only 400 sets, which can only be purchased in the US.

If more than 400 bottles were made to accommodate your 550 bottle sets then why does my bottle not say 1 of 550? The bottle says 1 of 400.

Very well, if you feel 400 is the correct number given then go with it. There are dozens of high profile sites with close connection with Oakley (like NotCot) that reported 550 sets, not just the Flask, ten of which I have posted above with bolded wording for clarification. Plus my own experience. I have no doubt some reports were incorrect assigning 400 total, but it's up to you which you choose to believe.

As for the labelling I have no idea what they did in international markets.

I will leave it at that since I already put too much effort into this. I'm pretty confident in the numbers above.

Yeah. I also heard he got secretly married to some guy and they like to cover each other in body paint and pancake syrup. I think YOU may know exactly who his wife-husband is too.

Sent from a church in the village of NYC where they specialize in "those types" of marriages while having them search for a specific marriage record.
It totaly plutonic thow .Yeah heard they have threesome with the guys girlfriend :eek::rolleyes::D swords never cross thow;):lol::lol::rofl:

Very well, if you feel 400 is the correct number given then go with it. There are dozens of high profile sites with close connection with Oakley (like NotCot) that reported 550 sets, not just the Flask, ten of which I have posted above with bolded wording for clarification. Plus my own experience. I have no doubt some reports were incorrect assigning 400 total, but it's up to you which you choose to believe.

As for the labelling I have no idea what they did in international markets.

I will leave it at that since I already put too much effort into this. I'm pretty confident in the numbers above.
Glad we can agree to disagree. Thanks for pointing out the different colored flasks rivots though. Now I have a standalone flask to find.

Back