• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I understand the economics of the situation; Oakley is a business and therefore must maximize profit. I am still a fan but would greatly appreciate if they figured out how to remain as profitable while maintaining manufacturing in the USA.

Maybe, but even though Oakley is owned by a parent company, you don't think they operate as an independent entity to a point?
I do... To a point ... I feel that they (Oakley) may make their own designs ... I also feel production belongs to the parent company ... It's their money in the end!

Who decides between production between USA and China? The man who holds the check book...

I'm glad when it's made in the USA for economical reasons... It's good for the economy, creates jobs

More importantly when production needed to be expanded beyond what Oakley facilities could produce the question was between under-capacity existing factories Lux owned vs. doing a new Oakley expansion. Guess which wins no matter the company?

Honestly, sad day for me. Like buying my MK7 R and thought it was Made in Europe, but later find mexico parts all over. Yes, they are not the same quality. No matter how much assurance is given. I have compared, they are not equal.

Edit:
Was speaking hypothetically about the R. I had an MK4 R32 and compared a part from a GTI made in SA, and they looked nothing alike or even close build quality. Just fit the same.

Last edited:
Back