• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Madman and Badman discontinued?

So not sure how this turned into the "old man thread". Haha. I know it has been discussed in other threads, but haven't seen the stock reflected on Oakley.com until now. I think they will be collected in 10 years due to the unusualness of them. I just like them myself. Thanks for all of the replies guys.
It's like having a serious conversation and then throwing a ball in front of a dog. ;)

So not sure how this turned into the "old man thread". Haha. I know it has been discussed in other threads, but haven't seen the stock reflected on Oakley.com until now. I think they will be collected in 10 years due to the unusualness of them. I just like them myself. Thanks for all of the replies guys.
Hahahaha old mans thread hahahah franks fault :lol:
Its awesome that you like em bro. If you like em that much get them both especially the ferrari ones.

Longtime lurker here and currently back in the Oakley scene. I recently purchased 6 new pairs of the current gen x-metals and loving them so far. I took advantage of the buy one get one @ 50% off. So I basically purchased the cheapest pairs such as the sliver's and purchased the x-metals as the second pair. Even ended up buying most of them for $99 (50% of sale price of $198). Ferrari Badman was the last one I purchased on sale for $248, so not a bad deal at all. The only one I purchased at almost retail price was the Badman Sapphire @ $390. Now my tower is getting full!!!! lol :)

D8D7F965-1EA7-4FED-B61F-5F98A2A1250D_zps6mzgacgw.jpg
I highly doubt this; not that you're lying to us but that you're misinformed or your store is doing some wonky register ringing. No BOGO sale, in the history of BOGO sales, has allowed a dirt cheap item to be the first and the expensive second. They all say "cheaper item will receive discount," or something like that. So, if you bought a Sliver and a Badman, you should've paid $198+(.5*$69) or something like that.

Either way, these glasses were a waste from the beginning. All these models using premium names or materials are overpriced, and only when F&F sales come around do they get purchased. I bought my Carbon Blade and Tincan Carbon at 30% off, which I thought was fair.

I highly doubt this; not that you're lying to us but that you're misinformed or your store is doing some wonky register ringing. No BOGO sale, in the history of BOGO sales, has allowed a dirt cheap item to be the first and the expensive second. They all say "cheaper item will receive discount," or something like that. So, if you bought a Sliver and a Badman, you should've paid $198+(.5*$69) or something like that.

Either way, these glasses were a waste from the beginning. All these models using premium names or materials are overpriced, and only when F&F sales come around do they get purchased. I bought my Carbon Blade and Tincan Carbon at 30% off, which I thought was fair.
I think they should have detailed at $200 to $150, but I feel that $150 is a fair price for them. Just my 2 cents.

Believe it or not, when I went into my local vault I asked about the cost of the Badman/Madman and was told that because of a loophole in the sale terms that if I bought 1 pair of glasses at regular price I could get the Badman/Madman at half price. I said yeah, but that's a little of money. The manager looked at me and told me I wasn't understanding him. ANY pair at full price, no matter how low (a $99 pair of flak jackets was his example) and the Badman/Madman would be 50% off. I said that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard and he told me it was a loophole in the current sale terms and Oakley would be correcting it shortly. I still did not purchase them even at half price, haha. When I went back a few weeks later and asked about sales to a different manager and she made no mention of the half off any pair sale. So what the poster wrote that you replied to was likely completely legit from what I experienced at my vault.

because of a loophole in the sale terms that if I bought 1 pair of glasses at regular price I could get the Badman/Madman at half price...I said that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard and he told me it was a loophole in the current sale terms and Oakley would be correcting it shortly

Well that explains it then. As I said, no BOGO sale in the history of BOGO has been that way, so it's very dumb, but good for @ducatiti for taking advantage of it.

Well that explains it then. As I said, no BOGO sale in the history of BOGO has been that way, so it's very dumb, but good for @ducatiti for taking advantage of it.
Yeah, I'm still in awe of it... But they STILL couldn't get me to buy it at that price, haha! I did get a Badman on ebay for like $85. Haven't really worn it much but it feels too loose on my face. Don't like spring hinges on larger frames. Juliet, X Squared, and Romeo all feel and fit better on me. The only things I really liked about it were the lens coverage and the light weight of the frame. I'd pick up a Madman for $75 or less...

Back