• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley magnesium switch ice

I see some of those with a type of corrosion around the nose bombs and eyebrows. Really strange that Titanium would do that. My Z06's had Titanium exhaust, and all You had to do was wipe the dust off. It was impervious to anything even close to corrosion.
They are made of magnesium. Not Ti

Mag switch are made of magnesium not Ti. Hence the name mag... But they are coated with some kind of ceramic, not sure why which is prone to flake off.

Whatever it is, I saw the problem on about half of them. Just dump a little sufuric acid on the corrosion and it would burn right off. Probably not very pretty when it stopped sparking.

I see some of those with a type of corrosion around the nose bombs and eyebrows. Really strange that Titanium would do that. My Z06's had Titanium exhaust, and all You had to do was wipe the dust off. It was impervious to anything even close to corrosion.

Whatever it is, I saw the problem on about half of them. Just dump a little sufuric acid on the corrosion and it would burn right off. Probably not very pretty when it stopped sparking.

Interesting! You have a pics or a video?

Latest Posts

Back