1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Apparently Oakley is working on Augmented reality glasses. Here's the article below from bloomberg.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-04-17/oakley-tests-technology-that-would-rival-google-s-project-glass

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I wonder what frame they'd base them off of. Rejuvenate the Thump/ORokr line or build the tech into something existing like a Radar.

If Oakley releases a usable technology pair that isn't more than a couple bills I'm in.

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

No wonder Oakley was trying to cut costs on everything.

Honestly I don't see the point in this, all the other electronics were basically failures.

4. Pjam23

Pjam23 Oakley Collector

Wow it's exciting the fact that Oakley is working on that, I agree with batwolf so will just gona have to wait and see

5. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

And don't forget the other major issue . . . .
    . . . . that “People get very particular when they put stuff on their face,”

:rolleyes:

6. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

thank you for sharing!

it's pretty interesting for sure, but we have to wait, how it turns out . . .
    i have the thump, split thump, o rokr & razrwire and i think those are COOL!

7. chrisbron

chrisbron Oakley Enthusiast

I'm not sure what OS they're intending on using...

8. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Well I don't know of I would want a pair of glasses like that right on my face. I generally try to keep electronics that emit wireless signals away from my face unless I'm making that quick phone call form my cell phone. Let's see what Oakley makes up

9. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I've been reading up on all this Augmented technology, and even though it may look extremely goofy & stupid, it'll probably catch on us some kind of fad. I mean, Google really hasn't let us down so far. I'm pretty psyched to see what they come out with!

10. chrisbron

chrisbron Oakley Enthusiast

Can't resist posting this spoof. At least Oakley glasses should protect your eyes from the impact of the lamp-post...