1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jonpfrank

jonpfrank Oakley Beginner

Hey I am new to all this but am interested in a X-Metal double wide. How much should I expect to pay for one in very good shape?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Cargo

Cargo JFL lover

If you can get it for under $500 thats a pretty good deal.

3. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

Like what Cargo said, $500 is a good deal. Consider also complete shelves, working locks with keys and lights. I paid $600 for mine and got to meet an Oakley brother.

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  4. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Try Craigslist, I've seen them go for 150 to 900, depending on the generation.

5. jonpfrank

Thanks for the replies. Are the black ones newer and the x-metal the older? Are x-metal more or less valuable? Thanks again for all the feedback.

6. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

The black ones are the newest display cases, they go for more, the x-metal looking display cases you can get cheaper. The pro to the the black ones is the lighting is better, but I like the style of x-metal better. I hope that helps out.

7. jonpfrank

I bought one for $825. I know, I know it's more than I should have spent but it was mint. Looks brand new. Key included. Lights work. How old is that style of display case?

8. lghtngyello03

lghtngyello03 Oakley Beginner

I paid $425 for my Double Wide X-Metal. Just had to get a key made and put in new lights...it was in great shape.

9. THEBAD1

THEBAD1 Oakley Enthusiast

I paid $600 for my X-Metal Double Wide. But, it also came with about $600 worth of accessories...so kind of got the case for free! LOL!

10. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

I got my double wide for free from a friend. No locks but those were easy to replace.