1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. NashCasten

NashCasten Oakley Beginner

Originally I was helping my friend to sell his MM.

4 months later I just decided to purchase it for myself since i was in the market looking for a good quality watch from Tag, Victorinox, Certina and a like. I figured, if a bought a new watch it will depreciate at 1/3 of the value as soon as i get out of the store. Then another thing I had to consider was the coolness factor of the watch since most watch at the 600-800USD price range looks the same. Also I had to consider the rarity of the product, fortunately there's only a handful of individuals in the Philippines who owns and collects oakley watches.

This being my first oakley watch now I want to get more.

My wife's gonna kill me. hahahaha...

:punish:

Paid about 660-700USD

Although one thing Im iffy about is that this is cerakoted and not blasted. I hope the cerakoting holds up to daily use.

Oakley MM from a Friend - IMG_3751[1].JPG Oakley MM from a Friend - IMG_2221.JPG Oakley MM from a Friend - IMG_2222.JPG Oakley MM from a Friend - IMG_2223.JPG Oakley MM from a Friend - IMG_2225.JPG Oakley MM from a Friend - IMG_2227.JPG Oakley MM from a Friend - IMG_2228.JPG Oakley MM from a Friend - IMG_2229.JPG Oakley MM from a Friend - IMG_2230.JPG Oakley MM from a Friend - IMG_2231.JPG

Last edited: 7/13/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

1-congrats
    2-get rid of the wife and you won't have to worry about her killing you
    3-make sure she's hidden really good. :spiteful:

Dan the man and NashCasten like this.
  3. NashCasten

Thanks man, I actually had to smuggle it in and out of my house.

But Yeah I'll actually show it to her later. hahahaha....

Oakley dork likes this.
  4. OakleyFrankFMJ

Show it to her gooooooood. ;)

VolcanOG likes this.
  5. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

Congrats! Good pick up. I agree with frank. The watch... You can resell... The wife will only cost you money. ;)o_O

QLR1, Oakley dork and OakleyFrankFMJ like this.
  6. NashCasten

For the Love Of Oakleys...

By the way guys quick question not sure who can help me answer this question. w/c is more durable in terms of achieving an Xmetal color, Blasting or Cerakoting it?

I'm new to this cerakoting thing.

Thanks in advance team.

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

I've heard different reviews of cerakote where the finish won't hold up under use but others swear by it.

I would think blasting would work out better.

8. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

I would think myself that it will chip/mark over time as where you bang a watch way more than you would a pair of glasses. Sick MM tho @NashCasten

9. NashCasten

Exactly I have the same feeling about. Because this watch is Cerakoted and there are some noticeable scratches on the coating tho its not too deep to show and affect the metal coating.

@THE X-MAN

you're more experienced on this can you enlighten us more.

Exactly my point I guess I'kk have it blasted once i get it really banged and dinged up. :D

Thanks Bro.

Wicked likes this.
  10. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Don't paint the MM....... it looks pretty but it wasn't meant to be painted..... too many points of contact

Oakley-olic and QLR1 like this.