• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Moon - replacement parts and options

Thx. a lot for your security hints. Finally I'm very lucky to be able to wear these kind of glasses, because I do have a small p-nut head. This minimizes the risk of breaking while putting 'em on and off.
Apart from this topic it's a wise decision to choose for a Juliet or Mars. Ice lenses do look quite cool on both, but you should check out green (emerald) lenses on a Mars Crater,
this is also a great color combo. Good luck to get a pair of X-Metals in a good condition. However the old metal frames are really strong and near unbreakable.

I have a pait of Flak Jacket XLJ that I've worn about four hours. I just purt a pair of Deep Water PRIZM, and I've decided to sell them to help fund a pair of Mars.
I'm starting to hear people complaining about the Flak Jacket 2.0. Allegedly people are starting to notice rgayt the shape of the frames is letting light leak in. Probably the same designer who did MadMan did the upgrade on the
Flak Jacket.
Mine are an awesome pair of glasses with the Deep Water PRIZM, but I'm willing to sacrifice the Flaks for Moon frames. Plus, I can always have Chris cut some Deep Water lenses for my Moons.

Also, I should have stated. Before I returned the MadMan, although they were very new, there was a difference in tension between the left and right hinge which made them sit funny on MY Pnut head. I have heard that there is an adjustment for tension on the hinges, but with a total of 20 minutes or so on my head, I feel that any tension adjustment should have been carried out by the person who inspected them just before they were packed to leave the factory. It is a shame, because I am one of the few people who are still a fan of MadMan, and I was looking forward to wearing them. Oh, well. You Can't - Always Get - What You Want.

Also, I should have stated. Before I returned the MadMan, although they were very new, there was a difference in tension between the left and right hinge which made them sit funny on MY Pnut head. I have heard that there is an adjustment for tension on the hinges, but with a total of 20 minutes or so on my head, I feel that any tension adjustment should have been carried out by the person who inspected them just before they were packed to leave the factory. It is a shame, because I am one of the few people who are still a fan of MadMan, and I was looking forward to wearing them. Oh, well. You Can't - Always Get - What You Want.

I'm totally with you, glasses for a price like the Madman should be checked very carefully before they leave the factory. Finally I'd say all Oakley's should run through a critical quality pass. Additionally and once again, I have to say that I do not have the slightest problem with my Madmans, they sit tight and perfect on my head without moving even during head banging, the hinges and arms seem quite strong to me, but after all that negative feedback I'm nevertheless careful with em. I'm even thinking of buying a second pair before they are no longer available. I just do love the all kinds of round Oakleys very much.

I'm totally with you, glasses for a price like the Madman should be checked very carefully before they leave the factory. Finally I'd say all Oakley's should run through a critical quality pass. Additionally and once again, I have to say that I do not have the slightest problem with my Madmans, they sit tight and perfect on my head without moving even during head banging, the hinges and arms seem quite strong to me, but after all that negative feedback I'm nevertheless careful with em. I'm even thinking of buying a second pair before they are no longer available. I just do love the all kinds of round Oakleys very much.

If You ever need rubber for them, I have a set of black earsocks and nosebombs, and I also have a set of Ferrari Red rubber parts coming. I had planned to customize mine with the Red parts. I thought it would look cool with the Plasma and Black Iridium Polarized. I have only seen two sets of Red Rubber available on the entire internet, so I grabbed one of them. I really liked the MadMan from the first time I saw them. and I was really disappointed when the third time I put them on they were hanging off to the side. Pretty cool shades as long as they're working as they should. I may try another pair, but I almost have enough eBay money to buy a pair of MARS, and there is also a pair of really nice Juliets that I've had my eyes on and talked with the owner. He really knows his X-Metal, so I'd feel safe buying from him. Mars is where my heart is, and I don't know if Juliets would look weird on me.
MARS would DEFINITELY look weird on me, but they're supposed to look a little odd. I would really like the Deep Water PRIZM on my MARS shades. Dailys are just a little too,bright for me.
I just found a buyer for my WOODGRAIN FROGSKINS, so I'm all set for my MARS, and I can keep my DEEP WATER FLAK JACKET XLJ's. I'm happy to keep them, because they're comfortable, have great coverage, and the DEEP WATERS are my favorite lenses, as if You couldn't tell by now!

Last edited:
Back