1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ZubiZone

ZubiZone Oakley Beginner

I'm planning my trip to New York and had a few questions about the area so that I could include Oakley in it!

Looking for any advice!

I'll be staying near Manhattan and was wondering if there were any vaults in the area that I should check out. I'm open to regular O stores as well not sure which in the area are worth taking a trip out to go see. I know the map on Oakley.com doesn't always show everything.

Looking to pick up some cool NY stuff, anyone have some advice on what to look for that is destination unique there currently?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Fresh

Fresh Oakley Enthusiast

Last time I was there, I think I saw 2 O stores, one was a few blocks away from Rockefeller Center, and the other one, I think it was in Times Square. I don't remember seeing Vaults around there, those are more focused to outlet malls, and I don't think there are any outlets in Manhattan, you'll probably have to drive out of the island for those.

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

There is .......

One Oakley store in Times Square.

The other one is on 5th Ave a few blocks away.

Neither of those are Vaults at all.

If you specifically want to go to a Vault then you're gonna have to hit Long Island or New Jersey.

4. V2oak

V2oak Oakley Man from Manila

Vaults are only located at woodbury NY, jersey shore NJ and one in deerpark NY

old_for_new_for_me likes this.
  5. ZubiZone

ZubiZone Oakley Beginner

Looks like I'll visit the O stores. Are they both worth checking out?

6. V2oak

I would say Yes since you are already in manhattan. And for sure you will be going to times square and the O-store is already there

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

You may as well go.

They are very VERY different those 2 stores. Since they're close enough go to both

8. V2oak

And better yet buy some liberty shirts, hats, hard case and mfbags, and NYC fuel cell those are NYC store exclusive

9. ZubiZone

ZubiZone Oakley Beginner

That's really cool that they have so much NYC specialty stuff!

10. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

So order of importance of NYC stores is:

SoHo - this is where they had the Special Collectors' Event in February 2015.
    Fifth Ave - New store and gigantic, never been
    Times Square - Most expensive real estate in Times Square when it was built, approximately $1400 per square foot monthly.

Vaults are Vaults, no need to hit a NY one if you've been to your local ones.