• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Not Including SKU Number On Warranty Frames? WTF?

Shayno

Oakley Beginner
Just sent a pr of Brown Tortoise Jupiter Squared's back to Oakley....they sent me my original lenses in an unmarked(no SKU#) frame back to me! Nice, when I inquired they said...well our SKU are lense and frame combos. Nice Oakley, with all the fakes out there make the real ones look more like fakes! Nice work Oakley....one pissed off customer here! What happens if I want to trade or sell, and the guy says...Their fake! WTF Oakley????? :( Hello OAKLEY! This was one of the ways too tell if they are genuine?????? DUH! :)

Bro........I know my Oakley......The fakes are a joke......You must not understand what I'm talking about?? Most Oakley collectors can tell you if they are real or fake...just by that number, its font, etc :)

By the way.......I would never buy a pr of Oakley shades without SKU number......would you? :)

yes, I do all the time. If you are relying on the number alone to tell whether something is fake or not you need to do a little more research into your purchases.

None of the recent and current warranty frames carry SKU numbers. They are exactly correct when they say the SKU is for a frame / lens combo, not just the frame.

Get over being pissed and be glad they fixed them for you.

yes, I do all the time. If you are relying on the number alone to tell whether something is fake or not you need to do a little more research into your purchases.

None of the recent and current warranty frames carry SKU numbers. They are exactly correct when they say the SKU is for a frame / lens combo, not just the frame.

Get over being pissed and be glad they fixed them for you.

"This was one of the ways too tell if they are genuine"?????? DUH! :) "ONE OF"

Read more: Oakley not including SKU number on warranty frames? WTF? | Oakley Forum

No offense...but your just telling me things I already know......Thanks! :) I suppose I will just have to get used to it.....although I do not like it, and feel it was one of the worst decisions Oakley has ever made....:) And really all they did was their job when the arms on my Jupiter Sq basically fell off! Within 7 months......I'm happy to get new frames....yet not pleased they are different! :(

Last edited:
Here is how I see it. You have a pair of sunglasses you have been wearing for a little while. Something is wrong with them after a few months of wear.....you send them to Oakley for fixing and they send you a nice new warranty replacement pair. Now you bring that pair back to the store for a refund since it's still new OR you try to sell it as a new pair.

Problem is there is no sku now.........see where I'm going with this?

I'm not trying to be a **** but it actually works out right sort of.

Good call Frank...your right, and I believe that's why...years of misuse or false warranty? When all they had to do...was develop a number for frame, and a number for lenses.....fixed! :)

I've had a look at my genuine (none warranty) Monster Dogs that I have with me & there is no SKU number on them. At the end of the day we know the quality feel & look of a genuine Oakley so there should be no problem. Plus you should also have your warranty paperwork from Oakley to back you up too?

Latest Posts

Back