• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Not Including SKU Number On Warranty Frames? WTF?

You must not collect much vintage Oakley. Good luck finding a SKU on a pair of O-Matter XX, OTT, etc.

You seem pretty bent out of shape over nothing. Oakley hasn't done anything but help others ID your pair as a warranty frame, as it should be.

Here's a helpful reply. Can you see the SKU while wearing the glasses? Can anyone else? No. And yet you know them to be genuine.

So what it comes down to is this. Oakley is in the business of selling glasses. They repaired a pair for you and sent it back for you to enjoy. Why doesn't it have a SKU? Because it wasn't meant to be resold. Oakley could care less if someone thinks its fake after the original owner sells it. Why? Because that drives people to buy glasses from THEM, and that's what they want.

The only case that the SKU is meaningful outside of Oakley is for resale, and Oakley doesn't need to worry about that.

AS a matter of fact, all I expect is too get the SAME glasses back from Oakley that I SENT to them? EXACTLY same model with SKU...That's all.....:) And that number is not only needed for RESALE boss...It is used to determine fakes from real...hence my first post.....:) Its also, something that I have grown to like over the years....but hey...if you don't need it...then I suppose no one else does either! lol

AS a matter of fact, all I expect is too get the SAME glasses back from Oakley that I SENT to them? EXACTLY same model with SKU...That's all.....:) And that number is not only needed for RESALE boss...It is used to determine fakes from real...hence my first post.....:) Its also, something that I have grown to like over the years....but hey...if you don't need it...then I suppose no one else does either! lol
Just curious here. SKU isn't for resale, but to determine authenticity you say? Just how many pairs I have you gotten from official Oakley retailers where you questioned authenticity and the SKU was the determining factor?

I'm won't continue to argue valid points against things you obviously don't want to except, enjoy your pair.

It's not used for fakes. When the fakes have them it is only used for verification. Since your pair doesn't have them it doesn't make them look fake.

And you've grown to like the little white text on the inside of the glasses? I don't even know what to say to that. As another member said, go back 5 years or so and EVERYTHING didn't have the SKU. From the company's inception until they started doing it relatively recently.

The SKU means absolutely nothing. Swap the lenses out - oh wait, the SKU is for a different set of lenses, I must have just made a FAKE! Oh no, woe is my resale value!

The reason I am here...is because I love Oakley......I have been using their gear since the 70's, and know the company.....I'm not some jackass that's looking for an SKU so he can sell his newly replaced Jupiters as new! I own 16 prs of Oakleys, and some pretty sweet shwag, including original grips in orig box......Just hear to learn and ask questions...but when a guy asks this question and all everyone can insinuate is that I'm worried about resale? Come on guys! and gals! :) Headshake time.....and I have no idea what that post by Rustspot even means? Wow! lol

Latest Posts

Back