• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Offshoot

FOHJones

Oakley Beginner
Hello All,

A couple days ago I picked up a pair of semi-customized Offshoots. I've found myself digging the shield lens lately, and these ones may be my personal favorite of all the frames I own (except for maybe my custom Straight Jackets I had made about a month ago or so). This pair is crystal black with all the trimmings that were silver changed to black, and a black iridium polarized lens.

That said, here is my issue with them: they don't totally stay put. They slide down my nose a little bit during normal activity. What would be great is if they had made the nose piece out of Unobtainium. I feel like that would do the trick for my sliding sunglasses. I mean, I know they are a "Lifestyle" pair, but so are the Antix AND the Crankcase, and those stay put just fine on me. Anyone else have this problem with the Offshoot? Hopefully, Oakley comes out with the same pair, but with the addition of an Unobtainium nose piece to help keep it in place.

Ian

I notice that it doesn't feel quite as secure as other pairs. That is mostly due to the fact that it is such a large piece of eyewear with a large wrap. I understand though, most others have that feeling of "clamping" to the head, these don't do much more than rest.

It is a larger, wider frame meant for bigger heads. An unobtanium nosepiece wouldn't help as much as you think.

I have a big head and wear lots of eyepatch/hijinx/antix and these are too big for me.

I haven't had that issue mentioned in this thread. Apparently they fit perfectly on my head... I tend to sweat a lot and the Offshoot doesn't slide off my nose.

See, I feel that the Unobtantium nose piece would do exactly what I'm thinking it would. It's not super loose, it just slides down a little bit, but my head isn't super gigantic. I think that the nose piece would provide enough grip to keep it in place. I dig these pair and their "Robocop" type look. That said, I'll probably end up sticking with my Antix or Straight Jackets for some of the more active things I do and leave the Offshoots more for driving / hanging around.

Ian

Back