• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley OTT FMJ 5.56 Ice Iridium Rarity

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
I don't know much about Oakley Over The Top but how rare is this colorway? I made a CL find on a pair, no box but pretty much mint condition and was wondering how rare it was? I will proudly stick it in my display case if the deal goes well!

I think the only real rare colorway in the OTTs is the Black/Ruby combo, all the others can be found pretty easily through CL and eBay it just depends on the price you want to pay and if they are mint I have found! Good luck with the buy hope you get em!!!

I think the only real rare colorway in the OTTs is the Black/Ruby combo, all the others can be found pretty easily through CL and eBay it just depends on the price you want to pay and if they are mint I have found! Good luck with the buy hope you get em!!!

Sweet, I am looking forward to getting em! I'd love to own a piece of Oakley history!

That's the colorway that I had, and sold for $300 BNIB if I remember the price correctly. Flames expected, but the OTT was quite a disappointment, to be honest. Very plasticky, and the lens was very thin. A display piece, yes, if you stand at a distance.

I'm glad I bought mine new at a Vault for £60 back in the day, when they practically couldn't give them away in the UK.

If the price is right Jive, then step in. But for me, it was a total case of Don't Meet Your Heroes.

Sorry folks, but FACT - OTTs are actually a bit poo.

That's the colorway that I had, and sold for $300 BNIB if I remember the price correctly. Flames expected, but the OTT was quite a disappointment, to be honest. Very plasticky, and the lens was very thin. A display piece, yes, if you stand at a distance.

I'm glad I bought mine new at a Vault for £60 back in the day, when they practically couldn't give them away in the UK.

If the price is right Jive, then step in. But for me, it was a total case of Don't Meet Your Heroes.

Sorry folks, but FACT - OTTs are actually a bit poo.

Yea I talked the guy I am getting em from down to $135.00. Mint but no box so I think that is a pretty good deal.

That is a great deal and I would say jump on them. I had the same ones and sold them for $285, no box. OTT's - I love them never wore them but they are really cool. I have the matte black with ruby lens that I snagged earlier this year new no box for $135. There is still nothing like them. Go for it. Nice find!!

I wish the FMJ looked more metallic and the lens more substantial.
They just looked like a toy to me.

But hey, each to their own.

$135 is an amazing deal. The ott is one of the most amazing, cool, awesome and unique items theyhave ever put out. Congratulations on your eventual purchase!

I wish the FMJ looked more metallic and the lens more substantial.
They just looked like a toy to me.

But hey, each to their own.
im quite surprised sort of...I know your into Oakley's that really go out there and then more lol. but then again your opinion makes sense. but ott's are still pretty nice in their own crazy way. not to practical to wear...unless you just flat out don't care and love being awkward!

@Jive, I also say yes! good price, sounds like they are in great condition, I honestly wouldn't pay upwards of $200 though. :D congrat's man! can't wait. For a piece of history and pure collect-ability its worth it man!
Oh...but do you even have any space left in your case man? lol...still waiting for your IH juliet's! poor case is stuffed to the gills.

Latest Posts

Back