• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Over The Top - Real Or Fake??

mhoffman54

Oakley Beginner
Hello!!
I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section, as this is my first post.
I am posting because I was cleaning out my car the other day, and stumbled upon a very unusual pair of sunglasses that I had found on the floor in a bar that I had been working in at closing time on Halloween. I never expected them to be worth anything, but they were crazy looking, so I kept them. Just now I noticed an 'O' on the back of them, so I thought I'd look them up, and sure enough, not only did Oakley make these, but they're rare!!
They're butt ugly, and I'm not really a collector, so I'd like to sell them, but first I need to figure out if they're real. I've read several pages of ways to tell if Oakleys are fake, but none of the things mentioned seem to be relevant to the Over The Tops. For example, I can't rub on the logo with an eraser because it is indented, not painted on. I've watched a number of YouTube video reviews and unboxings of these things, and mine seem identical, but I'm wondering more about details, such as the font of "Made in the USA" on the inside, as well as its location and size. Or the texture of the forehead pads. Even the weight, durability, and size of them. They look legit, but someone did wear them to a crappy college bar (Brothers, if you are familiar) on Halloween, when they were bound to lose them, so my gut tells me they must be fake. Does anyone else own a pair of these that would be willing to share some photos/insight so I can determine what I should do with them?? Thanks in advance!!

Found some OTTs in my car. LOOL. Dude, how big is your car?

Also, how drunk/stupid has someone gotta be to leave some OTTs behind in a bar?

I have bought some over the top sunglasses for my collection, but they don’t have Made in USA in the frame. Worried could they be faux? Look genuine but no box etc.

Hello!!
I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section, as this is my first post.
I am posting because I was cleaning out my car the other day, and stumbled upon a very unusual pair of sunglasses that I had found on the floor in a bar that I had been working in at closing time on Halloween. I never expected them to be worth anything, but they were crazy looking, so I kept them. Just now I noticed an 'O' on the back of them, so I thought I'd look them up, and sure enough, not only did Oakley make these, but they're rare!!
They're butt ugly, and I'm not really a collector, so I'd like to sell them, but first I need to figure out if they're real. I've read several pages of ways to tell if Oakleys are fake, but none of the things mentioned seem to be relevant to the Over The Tops. For example, I can't rub on the logo with an eraser because it is indented, not painted on. I've watched a number of YouTube video reviews and unboxings of these things, and mine seem identical, but I'm wondering more about details, such as the font of "Made in the USA" on the inside, as well as its location and size. Or the texture of the forehead pads. Even the weight, durability, and size of them. They look legit, but someone did wear them to a crappy college bar (Brothers, if you are familiar) on Halloween, when they were bound to lose them, so my gut tells me they must be fake. Does anyone else own a pair of these that would be willing to share some photos/insight so I can determine what I should do with them?? Thanks in advance!!
Never seen a fake pair of ott but I have plenty to tell you that the look I would assume would be very hard to duplicate close enough for you to assume they look identical, what's the color/lense color? If you want to sell them throw me a pm

Thanks so much, they are silver and think black/grey lenses. No marks and look as new, just not the made in USA logo like I have seen on others.

Back