• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley P sticker removal

Really, though the tape method works, you don't have to get that fancy. Unless you're Wolverine, a minor touch with your nail isn't going to scratch them. They may be scratch-prone, but they aren't that delicate...

Really, though the tape method works, you don't have to get that fancy. Unless you're Wolverine, a minor touch with your nail isn't going to scratch them. They may be scratch-prone, but they aren't that delicate...
True. But the tape method doesn't destroy this new sticker that likes to ......stick. :p

View attachment 176260 Hi all

Can anyone advise on how to safely remove the "P" sticker found on polarized lenses without scratching the lens? thank u in advance.

BTW, assuming the pic in the OP is the pair you actually received, did you notice how the sticker's in a different position than the one listed in the auction where you bought them?

Jawbreaker3.jpg

BTW, assuming the pic in the OP is the pair you actually received, did you notice how the sticker's in a different position than the one listed in the auction where you bought them?

View attachment 176332

Hi Kronin

Thanks for pointing that out. I paid $120 for these and they are truly authentic which is a steal in my opinion even if they are not truly "new" I think it is still cheaper than any used ones sold. My main concern was its authenticity and after careful examination these are in fact authentic and the lens did not have any scratches or imperfections. I tried the tape method to remove the P sticker and it came off easily. thanks everyone for ur help on this! Cheers

Hi Kronin

Thanks for pointing that out. I paid $120 for these and they are truly authentic which is a steal in my opinion even if they are not truly "new" I think it is still cheaper than any used ones sold. My main concern was its authenticity and after careful examination these are in fact authentic and the lens did not have any scratches or imperfections. I tried the tape method to remove the P sticker and it came off easily. thanks everyone for ur help on this! Cheers

Yeah they look completely real, AFAIK, and that is a great deal. I was just pointing out that the guy had a single-item auction using pictures that weren't the actual item being sold. Which means nothing as far as your experience goes, but it infers that he has more than one of them, yet is selling them in single-item auctions. Which makes one wonder how he got multiple NIB examples of a current product that he can let go at that price point... :rolleyes:

Yeah they look completely real, AFAIK, and that is a great deal. I was just pointing out that the guy had a single-item auction using pictures that weren't the actual item being sold. Which means nothing as far as your experience goes, but it infers that he has more than one of them, yet is selling them in single-item auctions. Which makes one wonder how he got multiple NIB examples of a current product that he can let go at that price point... :rolleyes:

Or I was thinking maybe the seller used it for awhile and reused the P sticker when they decided they didnt want it anymore? and I am by no means an Oakley expert, just got lucky I guess. Thanks for your help with all this. Im stoked about the Jawbreakers and love it. Cheers!

Back