• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny Fitment?

jsbr5000

Oakley Beginner
Ohio
I recently purchased my first pair of Penny's. I have been a big fan of the Juliets and they fit great. The nose bridge feels tight on these, but I noticed they do not hug my head as well as the Juliets. Are these suppose to fit tight or are they suppose to be a little loose? I noticed they have springs that make them wider but I am not sure if that has to do with anything. Any insight would be appreciated.

I have both the Penny and the Juliet. Owing to the Penny's spring hinge mechanism it will feel a little loose compared to the Juliets (or the other X-metals(excluding the Half X) such as the Romeos, XX, Mars, and X-Squared) which rely on their silicon rubber couplers that make for a more snug fit.

The springs in the pennys are absolutely retarded small.......the Achilles heal of the penny......the nosebridge should have been designed solid

I have both the Penny and the Juliet. Owing to the Penny's spring hinge mechanism it will feel a little loose compared to the Juliets (or the other X-metals(excluding the Half X) such as the Romeos, XX, Mars, and X-Squared) which rely on their silicon rubber couplers that make for a more snug fit.

That's what I figured. Thanks for the response.

The springs in the pennys are absolutely retarded small.......the Achilles heal of the penny......the nosebridge should have been designed solid

Is there anyway to make these tighter around the head X-MAN? Will replacing the temple washers with Juliet temple washers make any difference? Thanks.

Back