• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny Repair Warning UK

I think what I may do in this case is help a brother out and do this job for free being that he's already out money and time. send them to me you pay shipping back and I will do the job on my dime......how's that for American hospitality....

I dunno what to say. I only joined this forum to warn others, yet, I have stumbled upon generosity I am overwhelmed by. What a lovely thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning! :)

I will post these to you first thing tomorrow morning.

I truly appreciate this and I am extremely grateful. Thank you so much X-Man.

X-Man is a legend, had 4 pairs fixed by him and each have been flawless, plus turnaround & delivery across the pond has only been a couple weeks each time I've genuinely had things take longer from the other side of the UK! Plus no import charges, bonus :cool:

I just hope no-one else from the UK suffers from the hands of those butchers!

X-Man is a legend, had 4 pairs fixed by him and each have been flawless, plus turnaround & delivery across the pond has only been a couple weeks each time I've genuinely had things take longer from the other side of the UK! Plus no import charges, bonus :cool:

That's great to hear! How did you manage to avoid the import charges?

I think what I may do in this case is help a brother out and do this job for free being that he's already out money and time. send them to me you pay shipping back and I will do the job on my dime......how's that for American hospitality....
Mark you are a living legend and a truely nice bloke to boot, respect :king:

Me and you both. I've contacted them twice through e-mail to express my disgust in their "repair", but, of course, they haven't got back to me. Says it all when they were so quick to respond in their claims to be able to fix them. Anyone, please avoid Eyewear Rescue or the other name they go under which is Spec-Fix.

Oakley themselves got back to me. Saying that they were sorry for the repair and they could replace the pins with new ones assuming no further damage has been done to the slots. I'm confident I have sent them to the right place this time though.

I took a few more pictures of them just before I sent them off to Mark and I have everything crossed that there isn't any more damage and it'll be straight forward for him. Different light shows greater detail, which makes them look worse than the original images I posted.

20150705_155654_zpsjqlzp9xp.jpg

20150705_155713_zpsemfuiois.jpg

They are now in Chicago, so not far away from X-Man.

Back