• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny Repair Warning UK

Ah, thanks Mark, I thought it was up to £50. It's a real bind with the additional fees and almost puts you off purchasing from outside of Europe.
It's definitely a consideration - but the things I want are largely outside Europe, so I don't have a choice but I absolutely resent the fees.

Ah, thanks Mark, I thought it was up to £50. It's a real bind with the additional fees and almost puts you off purchasing from outside of Europe.

I know thar feeling. Yes,. I lnow I had a 'barney' a few days ago However I think I can't really complain comsidering the amount of 'goodies' I've managed to gather. I think it's more complancency than anything else.

It does take the proverbial though! Our government wanting a slice of anything we buy outside as everything is overpriced here for the same items :-/ still, once we have these shiny treasures, it kinda makes it worth while, lol

Having spent the last week confident Paypal would give me my money back, it's gone in their favour.

Absolutely gutted especially considering I was never given the opportunity to provide proof of my claim.

I appreciate that it could have been a lot worse, however, I expect to receive whatever I send for repair in the same condition or better. You wouldn't expect to have your car repaired, only to receive the vehicle back with a load of dents and scratches!

The point is, I thought this was a reputable company, only to be proved otherwise.

I totally agree with you! I was just saying that at least the frame was still in a condition that is still repairable and that there is still something that can be done about it. But yeah, I totally agree with you on that. That there is misrepresentation.

did you use a credit card through p'pal? If so you could try them

That may be my only option. Having spoken to PayPal today, they said the reason it didn't go in my favour was because I paid by card which makes no sense. So much for Paypal buyer protection!!

They also said photos wouldn't be good evidence since I could have obtained them from anywhere or they could be of anything.

My opinion of PayPal has significantly decreased because of this.

Latest Posts

Back