1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. throwbackchampion

throwbackchampion Oakley Beginner

Recently Got an extra Oakley Penny Plasma frame from my brother w/c he kept for display a long time ago. Anyways upon receiving it yesterday already customized it w/ my Ultra Deep Ruby (+Red) Lens, Now it looks quite Bloody Good

Photos:
    Oakley Penny W/ Bloody Red Lens! - 5795220147_3c457543b0_z.jpg
    Oakley Penny W/ Bloody Red Lens! - 5795779858_1d48dba286_z.jpg
    :D

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

that looks good. is that positive red iridium? +red always looks more blue/purple to me. never seen it look red like that before

3. motoGP_fanatic

motoGP_fanatic Disciple of X-Metal

Hi man, I'm always a big fan of your collection.....I recently got myself a Penny which I am currently making it out to look like the one you shared here... got a question though, the Penny I got was also described as non serial plasma frame, and was a bit surprised when I found out that there is supposed to be only titanium frame for Penny and no Plasma, the titanium and plasma look very similar though... Now I'm confused? Is it really titanium colored frame or a plasma colored frame?Thanks

4. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Titanium. There was no plasma.

5. motoGP_fanatic

motoGP_fanatic Disciple of X-Metal

Hi there qtrain, just my thought exactly, it is not a plasma but a titanium colored frame, but like the pic above and some internet pic I've seen, the titanium color for penny seems like a plasma colored one, and the Penny I have compared to plasma xsquared I managed to look upon in one local O-store here has a very little difference in color.Am I making sense here? lol
    Can you confirm for me that the titanium color for penny is like a plasma color on other x-metal model? I definitely am 100% sure,although a non serial, the Penny I got here is a legit/authentic one.

6. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

They are kind of hard to tell apart if you don't know the difference. My Titanium Penny almost looks exactly the same as my X Squared plasma. But it is a fact that there was never a plasma Penny unless you have the X Man make you one!

7. qtrain23

Yea idk why the difference in names.

And even the x man doenst make a true plasma as it is some kind of coating hence all the issues with it peeling, etc.

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

the gen1 titanium and gen1 plasma were very different. utrent ones are different too but its harder to tell. gotta get your eye in

9. qtrain23

Yep.

But also, the titanium colorway is very different between Romeos/Juliet's and pennies.

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah thats because by the time pennys came out, titanium was already in second generation. i have a picture somewhere of a titanium gen 2 juliet next to a titanium penny. basically spot on..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.