• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny's -Australia

Kaid

Oakley Beginner
Please forgive me for any mistakes I make, I have read these forums on and off for a few years but I am most definitely a newbie.

I own a pair of Oakley Penny's, the rubber in the nose has fallen apart (the rubber in the nose section itself) Oakley has told me they can perform a tune up for me replacing this integral part (as they simply fall off my head without it). I was hoping to get the lenses changed at the same time.

The hitch is the Australian Oakley store do not have any Penny lenses that I can purchase from them. I have read through many threads and it appears that people lean towards Linegear as an aftermarket supplier, but even those can have fitting issues associated with them. I was wondering what other options are available as The Australian store has stated that they have no parts for Penny's at all and I'd love to get mine back up and running.

I'm assuming you called the Oakley head office in St Kilda. Have you tried any of the local O stores in your area to see if they have any lenses in stock?

Where I live is a reasonably remote town in Queensland, population approx 5000. The nearest Oakley store is likely Brisbane, I spoke to Sharon Brady in the ST Kilda store, who told me I could tune up but not get lenses.

I'd give the O stores in Brizzy a call. If any have lenses, they may hold them till you can get in store or mail them out for you.

Btw, I've spoken to Sharon in the repair centre before. She's very helpful and great to deal with.

yeah the penny never made ot to oz officially, but they got repair parts for em anyway. however, due to the low demand they DUMPED the entire load of frames, spare lenses etc a couple years back. theres only so much stock they can hold and priority first i guess... i was sad the day i heard that story

I spoke to Sharon Brady in the ST Kilda store
She was very helpful a couple years ago to help me get my first pair of Pennys tuned up and other bits.

Thanks guys, I will chase up the surrounding Oakley stores in Brisbane, failing that (as I don't have a great deal of confidence) What would be a decent recommendation for lenses? I think Hoping to see an OEM pair on ebay or similar is a bit of a long shot. I realise that no off brand will deliver the same clarity that Oakley delivers but in this case they can't deliver.

If no store has them in stock, Penny lenses do turn up on eBay, or you can get a custom cut.

There are members here who can custom cut lenses. Do a forum search if none of them don't post here in your thread.

Back