• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Photochromic Lens

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
do oakley clear to black iridium photochromic lenses become as dark as black iridium when exposed to sunlight?how much they take to return back to clear again?do transition lenses wear out after years of use?

No, they're not as dark as BI..theyre 23% light transmission I believe..around a minute(ish)..yes they wore out after a year or so(more depending on use)..fyi store them in a DARK Place when nit in use, it'll makevem last longer

No, they're not as dark as BI..theyre 23% light transmission I believe..around a minute(ish)..yes they wore out after a year or so(more depending on use)..fyi store them in a DARK Place when nit in use, it'll makevem last longer
it can be used at night..wear out means will it lose it turning to black ability when exposed to sunlight? thank you for your reply...i didn't know they were 23% light transmission...i am actually planning to buy a radarlock xl photochromic..it is actually quite misleading to say clear to bi...it should to be called clear to grey...now in winter the intensity of sunlight is pretty high..can it be used in extreme sunlight?

Afaik they are listed as 10-60ish % transmission. They don't quite feel like 10%, more like 15-20% even in bright sunlight. They do change pretty fast and they will eventually wear out. Mine are a couple of years old, but I store them in the dark and they aren't my most used lenses. Afaik they go more yellowish and darken less (and slower) when they get old.

Back