• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Polarized Lenses

Actually thats good to know. I'll have to try a pair before making the purchase. I have astigmatism, get random dizzy spells now and then (and I mean I have to lay down and sleep or I get sick) and a prone to migraines. Haha glad I stumbled across you post!

I also have astigmatism but I only wear polarized lenses. To me its worth the extra money. I've found people who are accustomed to polarized lenses don't switch back to non polarized

How long does it have to pass before you get or feel migraine?Is it just instantly or can someone feel later on,after some time.

The issue is that you are wearing a polarized lens on the computer.. Those lenses aren't meant to look at LCD screens, as is will always give that rainbow effect. I believe you're lenses are showing a different rainbow because of the prismatic power difference, bending the light through the polarized filters unequally through your two lenses. One lens is curved towards the left, one the right, equally, but not perfectly perpendicularly to the screen, plus as the screen lights up different colors, it's pushing out different amounts of light, which will possibly affect that too. The issue you are having would happen with any polarized lens, from any brand, unfortunately. It's why so many pilots won't use polarized lenses anymore, ever since so many cockpit instruments were switched to LCDs. Do you have a non-polarized pair you can wear?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I get slight headaches when wearing polarized lenses too, so I try to avoid buying them now.

Plus I wouldn't ever use the benefits of them so at least I'm saving some money. :)

Chances are Polarized will work for the majority I just have enough going on w/head that they destroy me...I have had some really pushy Oakley sales people flat out tell me I am wrong and give me a hard time...I had Polarized pairs I dont need to try them again to know what will happen..but like I said Almost all of the people-except Batwolf and I- probably wont be bothered....

Toasted said:
You can't wear polarized lenses? What are your eyes like (ie do you have astigmatism or anything)? I'm a little hesitant about getting a pair of polarized lenses now that I hear that.

Some people DO have issues wearing polarized lenses, but it's a small percentage. And astigmatism has nothing to do with it. I have astigmatism, and half of my glasses are polarized. All astigmatism is, is the eyeball having more of an egg shape than being totally round. It's super common. Affects contact wearers more than anything..

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chances are Polarized will work for the majority I just have enough going on w/head that they destroy me...I have had some really pushy Oakley sales people flat out tell me I am wrong and give me a hard time...I had Polarized pairs I dont need to try them again to know what will happen..but like I said Almost all of the people-except Batwolf and I- probably wont be bothered....

Usually I only deal with my buddy at the local O store but I've never been harassed at the stores in my area, but we've talked about it and he agrees that polarized isn't for everyone.

Now sometimes I can go an hour without getting a headache and sometimes it takes 5 minutes. I think it gives me a distorted sense of depth perception? The only lens I've tried is +Red Polarized from a Split Jacket I used to have so maybe it was just that lens in particular.

Back