• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Polished R1

Ralph Marshall

I should Work at Oakley
GA
After a couple of discussions that I had recently, I became intrigued by the idea of trying to polish an R1. I had a pair that was in pretty rough shape, so I decided to break out the Dremel and give it a shot. They turned out a bit darker than I thought they would (which is actually pretty cool), but all-in-all I am pleased with them for a first effort...

DSC04225.JPG
DSC04223.JPG
DSC04220.JPG
DSC04222.JPG
DSC04230.JPG

I thought the same thing - they do have a plasma look despite all the polishing I did. They were actually a Titanium pair. I recently acquired a couple more pairs, one of which had some finish issues starting to develop...

Those turned out pretty nice. May have to bust out the Dremel myself. What lenses are in them, Black Iridium? What did you do about the serial number?

Those turned out pretty nice. May have to bust out the Dremel myself. What lenses are in them, Black Iridium? What did you do about the serial number?
I put a nice set of original R1 etched BI in them for now - like the combo. It is hard to get the Dremel with the sanding drum into the back of the nose, so I mostly hand sanded in that area. Serial # is still intact for the most part, but to be honest I wasn't too worried about it considering that they are no longer original colorway...

Back