1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TranK

TranK Oakley Beginner

Hey guys, so I just got a pair of custom Flak Jackets with Prizm golf lenses and I was wondering if you can wear them as everyday sunglasses not just for golf. What do you guys think? I'm looking for many different point of views on this. Thank you!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

I've not tried them yet (should have a pair on their way, cut for Juliet) but I had a lot of time for their predecessor, the G30, as an everyday lens. Unless it's always very sunny where you live, the golf lenses do transmit a bit too much light in those circumstances.

3. Scott Gregory

Scott Gregory Oakley Beginner

I would say prob not, due to how much light the Lens transmits it will simply be to bright, your best bet would to prob just buy a 2nd replacement lens

4. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

On overcast days, they should work great. On bright, sunny days you'll probably want a different option.

5. Oakley Factory Pilot

Oakley Factory Pilot Oakley Beginner Premium Member

The prizm golf lens are amazing for the golf situations and would be most beneficial for overcast days. I also think if you have adapted to using them on the course then the light transmission will not bother you on sunny days during your daily activities. :cool-20:

6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Only way to find out is to try it. Everybody has different sensitivity to light.

7. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

You can wear them normally but I find them too 'pink' compared to G30 when looking through; a personal preference thing.

My wife can't wear them driving as it throws her off: the parked cars' red tail lights in full sun appear to be lit up for her.

8. sisson16

sisson16 Oakley Expert Premium Member

I didnt like em and swapped mine out for ruby iridium polarized

oakley4lifeuk likes this.
  9. Manuel Garza

Manuel Garza Oakley Beginner

I agree with what I read before, might want a second set of lenses. On overcast days, it prob won't be too bad.

10. oakley4lifeuk

oakley4lifeuk Oakley Beginner

They were no good for me everyday, they let too much light in for sunny days