• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Golf Lenses?

What do you think?

• Total voters
hmmmm... with he low light transmissions i thought they would be good to wear on sunny days casually...

do these differ from the Snow in that respect???

PRIZM golf is relatively bright and if I remember correctly, its light transmission is around 20-ish. You'll probably find full sun blue bird days uncomfortable and may squint a fair bit due to glare. It depends on how you intend to use it for daily wear. eg. if you're in the city with lots of cars and mirrors around you, you may find the glare unbearable. Another potentially bad scenario is if you're using it whilst driving in full sun. However you may find them perfectly acceptable on a sunny day commuting on public transports; soaking up the sun during office breaks; or you happen to be a gardener/grounds keeper who sees lots of green everywhere all day long.

They are definitely nothing like PRIZM snow goggles if that's what you're trying to compare.

Wore a set of these in Juliets today. Useful driving in when it was overcast and still fine when it was sunny at lunch. Maybe not for the very sunniest days but the range of usability here in the UK should still be quite wide.

I've used the G30 for years, and there great for driving, or on the course lens. One of the few glasses I don't have to remove when putting, as reading the grain in greens is easy with them on.
I'm very interested in trying the prizm for daily wear, as I bet detail is excellent, and color is probably heightened.
Of course on a beach, or in intense sunlight there'd be better choices. I've used the black iridium pretty successfully in brighter, sunnier days.

Back