1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tranceaddict

Tranceaddict Oakley Beginner

I'm getting a pair of Oakley Flight Deck xm goggles and am stuck between the Rose and the Jade. I am leaning towards the Jade. I want a goggle that could do it all, and was wondering if anyone has experience with the Prizm Jade. I want to make sure they work well in overcast days, as well as at night under the lights. Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

h4x0rmx and OakleyFrankFMJ like this.
  3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum:)

4. Tantor67

Tantor67 Oakley Enthusiast

I have Airbrakes and switch between Prizm Rose on overcast and Prizm Black on bluebird days. Last week I only had my Prizm rose lens and it started out very overcast and then turned bluebird. Prizm Rose does it all!

5. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

Jade is good, rose is better in flat light and low light. I wear Airbrakes so I just swap lenses. If you ski a lot under bluebird conditions go jade, otherwise rose is Imho better. Jade looks a lot cooler though...

6. Tranceaddict

Tranceaddict Oakley Beginner

Thanks, that was quite helpful. I usually get to my resort around 2 pm and go till 10 pm, only gettting about 3h of daylight. I guess the rose would be a better fit. Currently I am using Persimmon and it's fine for me even for blue bird days, as I'm not that sensitive to light.

7. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

Glad it was some help. With those conditions I'd go rose as well. Sweet lens and probably the one I use the most through the season.