• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Lens Technology - I Wish You Guys Could Have Seen What I Saw Today!

Dammmmmmn, the Links at Monarch Beach. Those pics were taken at the Club 19 restaurant and Pro Shop. Niiiiiice. I believe the greens fees start at $400, IIRC....

I don't know if there is anyone as Golf mad as me on here, but I'm still enjoying hacking my ball out of the rough three days a week I can confirm the Prizm hasn't helped my golf game one bit! But that doesn't stop them from being a good step in the right direction.

If you are a winter sports person though that's where the Prizm really comes into it's own, the goggles I used last time I went skiing were some of the biggest jumps in terms of quality I've seen in the Oakley range in a long, long time.

I get that Prizm sets up specific color contrast, but how (if anyone's even allowed to say)? At first I thought it was just the TR lenses, but checking out the Flight Deck, it's applied to different lenses. From what I get, it's actually affecting the base itself. Like, what does Jade Iridium Prizm lens do differently than a regular Jade Iridium? It's a relatively neutral lens, so I'm guessing lighter colors in general are gonna stand out a lot more?

Looking forward to the technology spreading to different models. One of the big standouts when I first tried Oakley was the color definition, sounds like this might be that experience all over again.

That's a very good explanation of how it works.

Having worn the goggles in snow conditions, I still think this is where the Prizm comes into it's own. The detail and contrast was stunning. Personally, having worn a set a couple of times to play golf, whilst they are going to be adapted to different environments, the snow sports enthusiasts are the ones who are going to benefit the most.

This is why Oakley is awesome! I'm a golfer, and you have gotten me soo excited to see these(and of course buy) when they come out!

Back