• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Road Lenses

sunglassfiend

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Just saw the new Prizm Road Oakley Radarlock lenses, just curious what separates these from standard Prizm lenses, or the Prizm Daily's? Also has anyone had experience with these yet? I'm curious how they perform!

Link for reference: Oakley PRIZM Road Radarlock | Official Oakley Store

Oakley_Prizm_Road_Radarlock_Sunglasses.png

I believe they are more tuned for Road cycling conditions vs. typical Prizm being tuned for Snow conditions. Anyone else have insight?

I don't think there's such a thing as "typical Prizm". Shooting tints came before the snow ones if I remember correctly.

Anyway OP, look at kronin's post in this thread. (btw how in the world do I link to specific posts? edit: beast pistolpete educated me) The way Prizm Road makes features of the house stand out is pretty dramatic...especially considering it shows through what I assume was a camera phone which would typically try to correct color and exposure, thus making the difference seem less than actuality.

Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line | Page 5 | Oakley Forum

Last edited:
I don't think there's such a thing as "typical Prizm". Shooting tints came before the snow ones if I remember correctly.

Anyway OP, look at kronin's post in this thread. (btw how in the world do I link to specific posts?) The way Prizm Road makes features of the house stand out is pretty dramatic...especially considering it shows through what I assume was a camera phone which would typically try to correct color and exposure, thus making the difference seem less than actuality.

Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line | Page 5 | Oakley Forum
To link to a specific post, click on the "#23" or whatever number post it is under the message, next to the Like button. A popup will come up where you can copy the specific URL.

Here's what the Oakley website has to say about what they're calling the "Prizm Sun" (I suppose as opposed to goggle) collection:

Prizm™ Daily Lens
With Prizm™ Daily Polarized, dull colors become warm and rich for sharper contrast and a more pleasing, relaxing visual experience.

Prizm™ Road Lens
Prizm™ Road lenses enhance vision in both bright light and shadows, helping riders spot changes in the texture of road surfaces.

Prizm™ Trail Lens
Prizm™ Trail enhances reds and browns so you can quickly spot sand, rocks, roots and other transitions in shade and bright light.

Prizm™ Baseball Infield Lens
To help you track ground balls, Prizm™ Baseball Infield makes greens and reds of the grass and dirt richer so the white of the baseball stands out.

Prizm™ Baseball Outfield Lens
Prizm™ Baseball Outfield accentuates the blue of the sky to enhance the contrast of a fly ball.

Prizm™ Golf Lens
Prizm™ Golf improves contrast for better separation of color and gives you more depth cues to gauge distance and grass conditions.

As mentioned in my posts in that other thread that Ventruck linked, I found Road to be a dang good driving lens in partly cloudy conditions. Trail has worked very well as a rain lens. I've tried Daily in the store but that wasn't enough for a real evaluation / comparison, but I plan to pick some up eventually.

Latest Posts

Back