1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jummeltje

Jummeltje Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Found this thing on internet.
    Never knew Oakley made surfboards.
    My question is, does anybody know if this is an Oakley product or that it's just a regular board with an oakley sticker putted on there?

Oakley Product Or Just Oakley Sticker? - $(KGrHqRHJBwFIM1bBNI(BSJ)eGm)7w~~60_85.JPG

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyRacer2132

OakleyRacer2132 Oakley Beginner

Umm I'm not a surf expert but I think that is more of a wind board. I don't think that surf boards have foot straps. As for the oakley logo. I'm almost 100% positive that it is a sticker.

3. rightcoastnj

rightcoastnj Oakley Enthusiast

actually im fairly sure that that is an Oakley board.. not made by Oakley but a collab if im not mistaken..and that could be a wind surfing board or a tow-in surfboard..not sure

4. Jummeltje

Jummeltje Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Thanks for the reactions guys, only thing is that you say the opposite :-D

5. rightcoastnj

rightcoastnj Oakley Enthusiast

looks like a tow-in gun for big wave riding to me.. but i dont know if the timeline meets up for when those boards might have been made and when tow-in surfing became popular

6. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

It's graphics look very 80s don't they, a wind surf board would have a mast (I presume that's what hey are called) holder in there somewhere.

7. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

There's a white slot for the sail/rudder deal, and the strap setup is consistent with wind surfing.

Here's a modern one.
    Oakley Product Or Just Oakley Sticker? - evo_bddetails.jpg

8. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

I see the slot now just above the Oakley lettering, I couldn't see how someone could surf using the feet straps so that ties in, ta.

9. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Oakley may have been a sponsor to the rider at one time. And some wind surfers can do there own repair work on their boards, its possible the logo is under the silmar resin and its permanent....Putting a sticker on a curve would cause it to be uneven at the ends, looks straight in the pic, may just be under the resin