• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Product Or Just Oakley Sticker?

Jummeltje

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Found this thing on internet.
Never knew Oakley made surfboards.
My question is, does anybody know if this is an Oakley product or that it's just a regular board with an oakley sticker putted on there?

$(KGrHqRHJBwFIM1bBNI(BSJ)eGm)7w~~60_85.JPG

Umm I'm not a surf expert but I think that is more of a wind board. I don't think that surf boards have foot straps. As for the oakley logo. I'm almost 100% positive that it is a sticker.

actually im fairly sure that that is an Oakley board.. not made by Oakley but a collab if im not mistaken..and that could be a wind surfing board or a tow-in surfboard..not sure

Thanks for the reactions guys, only thing is that you say the opposite :-D

looks like a tow-in gun for big wave riding to me.. but i dont know if the timeline meets up for when those boards might have been made and when tow-in surfing became popular

It's graphics look very 80s don't they, a wind surf board would have a mast (I presume that's what hey are called) holder in there somewhere.

Oakley may have been a sponsor to the rider at one time. And some wind surfers can do there own repair work on their boards, its possible the logo is under the silmar resin and its permanent....Putting a sticker on a curve would cause it to be uneven at the ends, looks straight in the pic, may just be under the resin

Back