• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Product Origins

I'm sure china makes as good a product. It's about yet another company jumping ship and running to where they can mak the most money. Even if it means turning its back on the country that made it great. Think job loss buddy.

here one pic about...
1072535_149054011961327_995754271_o.jpg

I got one oakley and bought a crosshair just like that but blak iridium and in the next day i saw this "china" on my sunglass, my come with all stuff, bag, warrant, reply email card just like my old oakley 'from usa".

Today I returned to the store where I bought my oakley and took a look at all metal oakleys, I dont found "made in xxx" just names/models and codes, just my crosshair got "china" on it and just some plastic got "made in usa"
ps: all looks authentic with high quality same as my.

One of the issues I see with moving the manufacturing to china is the quality of the physical materials they use in the construction of their products. Will O-Matter (if production is moved to China) still ACTUALLY be O-Matter, or will it just be the same cheap plastic that is used for the knockoffs? How is the metal they are using in their wire frames? I know that typical chinese metal is the lowest quality metal that you can find. Is this what is being used?

I know that we may not be able to tell the difference in a blind test between an American made pair and a Chinese made pair from a physical standpoint, but it's how they will hold up that is the true test of quality. If everything remains the same in terms of the materials used to build the products, I have no problem with them being made elsewhere, though I wish for the sake of the jobs of the people that work for Oakley that the majority of the products remain American made.

Ok... Well I just got my new assembled in USA parts made in china Sj and the quality is noticeably worse... Very disheartening so went and ordered spare matte black pair from a while ago bnib. The only word I can think of is flimsy. There was space between band and frame on 1 side .. Glasses did not feel snug even tho they were new in plastic on stems and creaked when opened while other stem completely slack. The new ones do not even weigh the same. I did not think this china stuff would touch older models but wow... Still loving what I have but these r going back. I know it is a business but always felt O was the Harley of shades and this farming out to china not a good thing for the consumer... Hope Flaks remain the same as before but am doubting it.

New to these forums, I'm currently looking to purchase a pair of polarized Holbrook sunglasses but came across this thread searching to see whether they are made in USA or China. at $180 from Local Sports Chalet I'm having reservations on making the purchase if they are indeed made in China anymore. I know that seems to be the new norm nowadays in manufacturing but if production is moved to china and price remains about the same I find it hard to justify that purchase. Can anyone confirm or deny if that particular model is made in China? Its like coach purses my fiance went to look at at a coach store, "made in china". Just kind of takes away from the "exclusivity" when you see that no matter the name. I dont have a problem paying the $180 for the sunglasses if they are US made(not just assembled), but if they're made in china, then I personally dont feel its wroth it. I'm not a sunglass collector or enthusiast for that matter, just an average buyer, so with that in mind can anyone answer if Polarized Holbrooks are made in the USA? Otherwise Sunbelt Cronkites may have to do at $30 from sports chalet lol.

Otherwise Sunbelt Cronkites may have to do at $30 from sports chalet lol.

Very likely you're going to Sports Chalet as most O-Matter frames are made in China now. Sounds like you're aiming for the look and a polarized feature more than anything, so I guess those would do.

New to these forums, I'm currently looking to purchase a pair of polarized Holbrook sunglasses but came across this thread searching to see whether they are made in USA or China. at $180 from Local Sports Chalet I'm having reservations on making the purchase if they are indeed made in China anymore. I know that seems to be the new norm nowadays in manufacturing but if production is moved to china and price remains about the same I find it hard to justify that purchase. Can anyone confirm or deny if that particular model is made in China? Its like coach purses my fiance went to look at at a coach store, "made in china". Just kind of takes away from the "exclusivity" when you see that no matter the name. I dont have a problem paying the $180 for the sunglasses if they are US made(not just assembled), but if they're made in china, then I personally dont feel its wroth it. I'm not a sunglass collector or enthusiast for that matter, just an average buyer, so with that in mind can anyone answer if Polarized Holbrooks are made in the USA? Otherwise Sunbelt Cronkites may have to do at $30 from sports chalet lol.

Welcome to the forum, Sounds like you don't like China, the frames are made in China including Hilbrooks, but the lenses are made in the U.S.

So Hopefuly you enjoy your Sunbelt Cronkites

Back