• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley radar, radarlock info?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11299
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11299

Thinking about picking up a pair of oakley radars or radarlocks. Few questions for the knowledgeable. Besides the switching mechanism in the radarlock are there any visual differences between the radar and the radarlock? I'm not a cyclist these would be more for running, do they make a male straight stem/arm version? Do they make a straight stem with the path lens(leaning towards that cut)? What's the biggest lens to smallest lens? Thanks in advance for any info and or suggestions.

For Radar, with Custom you can get most team colors as well as polished black with straight stems. Radarlock all the same.

Lenses smallest to largest: Edge, Path, Pitch, Range (radar only). Then there is XL but it's not compatible with anything except XL frames. The difference is that the space between the nosebridge and the top of the frame is larger which is a design feature to increase visibility when down on your aero bars.

Radar feels a bit firmer and tougher then Radarlock. Radarlock is supposed to be easier to change, but for some reason I find Radar easier as the switchlock mechanism can be a bit finicky.

Another thing "Switchlock" can enable is slightly looser tolerances so the lens deflects less when the pair is on the face, but this effect is hardly noticeable in comparisons; I think only the Jawbone/RJ marketed this purpose too.

For running, both frames work really. I'd pick upon aesthetic unless you really find one pair more comfortable upon trying them out, and/or if you really want the lens selection of the Radar. Has some spiffy tints the Radarlock doesn't: Gold, G26, HI Permission, Violet.

Latest Posts

Back