• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Radar Tour De France Editions

Can anybody give me a list of all the Radar TDF Special/Limited Editions (such as the Antifreeze in 2009)?.
For just the original radar frame was:
Retina Burn w/fire lens. Path and Pitch lens
Atomic Orange w/fire. Path and Pitch
Antifreeze w/jade. Path.

They offered the antifreeze and retina burn in the xl lens size too. They were not limited runs like the original lens configurations. The Retina Burn xl were straight stem arms and the antifreeze xl were the standard arm.

Don't forget the BMX Chrome Jawbones and Radars and Echelon VR50 Ruby Photochromic Jawbone and Radar :)

And maybe you can have a Phantom of the Aqua Jawbone and Ultraviolet Radar made ;)

2678605648_7839bb70ae_o.jpg

ThorHushovdJawbone-1.jpg

I also had pics of Fabian Cancellaras Polished Gold/Light +Red Iridium Radar XL and World Champion Splatter Radar at one point and Lance's Radar XXXL...yep, XXXL...not a typo ;)

Last edited:
Also the two Radar Lock, one Path one XL

51a9224581ac6.jpg

51a919068488d.jpg

Also the two Radar Lock, one Path one XL

51a9224581ac6.jpg

51a919068488d.jpg

These I don't count as an actual TdF pair lol! I feel like the designers put the TdF Exclusive on the backburner the year they released the whole TDF collection along with those Fuel Cells and Half Jackets too!

These I don't count as an actual TdF pair lol! I feel like the designers put the TdF Exclusive on the backburner the year they released the whole TDF collection along with those Fuel Cells and Half Jackets too!
Not sure what the distinction is?

A limited color released along with the TDF, vs a TDF edition?

Don't forget the BMX Chrome Jawbones and Radars and Echelon VR50 Ruby Photochromic Jawbone and Radar :)

And maybe you can have a Phantom of the Aqua Jawbone and Ultraviolet Radar made ;)

I also had pics of Fabian Cancellaras Polished Gold/Light +Red Iridium Radar XL and World Champion Splatter Radar at one point and Lance's Radar XXXL...yep, XXXL...not a typo ;)

I remembered the BMX jawbone but spaced the Radar for some reason, thanks.

The Echelon series were released during the Tour De California for Levi, Horner and Andy Schlek so I wouldn't count those as TDF related. The only other (original radar-like frame) I would half-way consider would be the serialized Livestrong M-frame, but it was marketed as that rather than a TDF edition, even though it came out right before the '07 race.

The XXXL remained only a prototype didn't it? That's what evolved to the XL as we know it in it's current form. That why I was sticking with production pieces only.

I omitted the Radarlock's since he referenced the antifreeze while mentioning "special and limited." While TDF related I wouldn't consider the present line of radarlock editions special and definitely not limited, in contrast to it's predecessors, IMHO anyway.

edit: typed radar for m-frame regarding Livestrong.

Last edited:
Yea i know he tested them, just meant they never went beyond him did they? I don't recall seeing any other rider test them at the time.

I don't think anyone else had a pair but I know Dann, of the O Review, did get to see them in the flesh when they had the Co Pilots contest at HQ.

There was also a Radar Pro that was made and a friend of mine on Facebook got a preproduction pair but really all they were were Radars with longer pins put in the earstems so they wouldn't move, atleast that's what he said and I think a few riders during the Time Trial legs of the TdF used them as Oakley.com mentioned a few riders had on some "prototype Radars" but I don't think anything came of them as all we see now are regular Radars.

Back