• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 1 - Need repair

Brent Petley

Oakley Beginner
NY
Romeo - Album on Imgur

I have some original Romeo glasses that I bought i am guessing around 2000ish. I know these glasses are now 15 years old but they have lasted and I want them fixed. I called Oakley and they could not help me, except offer me 25% off new ones. That is not a bad deal but still would like these fixed if possible. Does anyone know where I could get these fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I love them.

glasses3.jpg

glasses2.jpg

glasses1.jpg

Last edited:
Don't take oakley up on their offer - unless you get to keep the Romeos as well

It all depends what needs fixing - post some pics of what needs doing.

Welcome to the forum btw

Don't take oakley up on their offer - unless you get to keep the Romeos as well

It all depends what needs fixing - post some pics of what needs doing.

Welcome to the forum btw
Thank you! I posted a imgur link for the pics in first post.

It looks like it can be done - drill out the screw in the top orbital, get replacement screw, lenses, rubbers, reassemble.

It doesn't look like the frame itself is bent but just the top orbital screw got messed up. If I'm wrong and the frame is bent, too, it can probably be bent back into shape. Carefully...

Those take the prize as the most worn out Romeos I have ever seen. The X-man can make them as new.

It looks like it can be done - drill out the screw in the top orbital, get replacement screw, lenses, rubbers, reassemble.

It doesn't look like the frame itself is bent but just the top orbital screw got messed up. If I'm wrong and the frame is bent, too, it can probably be bent back into shape. Carefully...
They are not bent. They have alot of play in all of the joints and it just twisted perfect last night that the post and rubber grommet fell out. If I had the tool i could put the post back in but i still would not have the grommet.

Those take the prize as the most worn out Romeos I have ever seen. The X-man can make them as new.
Who is the X-Man and yeah I wore these almost every day for 15 years straight. They really are not horrible though. If i got some new rubber pieces and maybe new glass they would look like almost new lol

Really if it's just the gasket that's missing, the screw itself is still good, you don't need to send them to x-man unless you're looking for a refinish. Just get a good (Wiha) T6 driver, some rubbers from linegear, and some custom cuts from one of the cutters here and you can DIY...

Latest Posts

Back