• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 1 - Need repair

Really if it's just the gasket that's missing, the screw itself is still good, you don't need to send them to x-man unless you're looking for a refinish. Just get a good (Wiha) T6 driver, some rubbers from linegear, and some custom cuts from one of the cutters here and you can DIY...
I think this is exactly what I am looking for. Maybe in the future get a refinish but these have been my go to every day glasses. Just need a little DYI guidance. The cracks in the glass are not a big deal and you cannot notice while you are wear them. What are the custom cuts you speak of? Christ if i knew these things were collectible in anyway I think i would have put them on the shelf years ago, thank god I did not find out. ;)

I think this is exactly what I am looking for. Maybe in the future get a refinish but these have been my go to every day glasses. Just need a little DYI guidance. The cracks in the glass are not a big deal and you cannot notice while you are wear them. What are the custom cuts you speak of? Christ if i knew these things were collectible in anyway I think i would have put them on the shelf years ago, thank god I did not find out. ;)

Custom cuts are taking suitable OEM replacement lenses from a different frame and cutting them down to fit your frame.

Custom cuts are taking suitable OEM replacement lenses from a different frame and cutting them down to fit your frame.
Are the lenses from linegear worth it or do you recommend somewhere else? I am pretty sure I had black everything in the original and linegear is out of black everything anyway. If i do get replacement lenses I for sure want something of quality if possible.

Custom cuts will be Oakley lenses and far superior to any aftermarket ones. There are several members here that can cut them. Check out the DIY and custom section. Theres a ton of info.

Are the lenses from linegear worth it or do you recommend somewhere else? I am pretty sure I had black everything in the original and linegear is out of black everything anyway. If i do get replacement lenses I for sure want something of quality if possible.

Objectively, LG are probably the best aftermarkets but cutting OEM is my choice. You spend more time looking through your Oaks than at them; get the right stuff...

Is there a certain lens that is the best for Romeo's? Hopefully so they do not crack as fast as the original. Trying to get a hold of one of the custom cutters but no answers yet.

Also thanks everyone, you all have been great help.

Back