• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 2.0

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
Since Oakley Romeo's have been discontinued I can no long buy lenses from Oakley. I have searched everywhere for original Romeo lenses but have had no luck. There seems to be good quality lenses from Japan but I don't know if it's worth the $100 to try them? I have bought other replacement lenses but they give me headaches. So does anyone have any advice on getting replacement lenses? My other question is does anyone know where I can buy the replacement screw with the rubber washer on it to hold the lens in the frame? It is a screw with a T5 head. I'd appreciate any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
My other question is does anyone know where I can buy the replacement screw with the rubber washer on it to hold the lens in the frame? It is a screw with a T5 head. I'd appreciate any advice.

That is going to be an issue. It's not a standard screw, it's a set-screw that's only partially threaded. The frame is only tapped on one side of the lens channel, the other side is a blind dowel hole drilled through the tapped hole. Even if you found the right screw, it wouldn't fit into the frame. Other solutions may work, but to find that exact item is going to be TOUGH.

Check out Walleva lenses. Even if they dont have lenses you like, they sell rubber and screw kits for X-Metals. Walleva.com.

Check out Walleva lenses. Even if they dont have lenses you like, they sell rubber and screw kits for X-Metals. Walleva.com.

He said he tried cheaper lenses and didn't like them. Is one brand going to be any better at that price range?

Linegear is the Japanese brand for $100 I'm assuming? If you find legit Oakley lenses you'll end up paying more. Search around for Linegear reviews in the X-Metal section of the forum, they're pretty well regarded as being as close to Oakley as you can get I believe.

What color lenses? I know Oakley still had some black iridiums and polarized just a short time ago... It is worth a shot to call and find out if they have any left, ask the warranty dept not customer service...

What color lenses? I know Oakley still had some black iridiums and polarized just a short time ago... It is worth a shot to call and find out if they have any left, ask the warranty dept not customer service...

They won't sell the lenses outright... I have tried numerous times. When the input the ski number to the replacement lenses it requests that you send in your frame..... Each time I place an order by phone I give it a try.....

Back