• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Ruby Iridium vs Positive Red Iridium - Lens Question

erap

I should Work at Oakley
What is the difference between Ruby Iridium and Positive Red Iridium Oakley lenses, and which one is better for maximum sun protection?

Many thanks

I'm no lens EXPERT but I've had many different sets of both. Ruby is better for maximum sun protection. Ruby has more of an orange/yellow look to it, and the positive red will have mostly red/purple/and blue in it. The positive red lenses are better for cloudy days or when the sun isn't super bright.

Example with my Flak Jackets: First pair is ruby, second pair is positive red.

I've had positive red look MANY differen colors too. One pair I had looked almost all blue all the time. So, it depends on what frame you have and how old the lenses are. Ruby used to look a lot different than it does now. Ruby is starting to look like a mix of Ruby and Fire (often called Fruby).

imageuploadedbytapatalk1403001893-368725-jpg.89144.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1404212218-557538-jpg.91469.jpg

Last edited:
IMO +Red is a much nicer lens to look through than Ruby. Try on the two back to back, and you'll see what I mean.
For two supposedly neutral lenses +red is definitely the more neutral! Though I don't really mind ruby's blue cast.

I have 20 years of history with +red, I've always liked it. Even when I had only stock Juliets, I knew there'd be a +red one in my future :)

thanks guys i think i will go for the +red since based on your comments

Back