• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Rx Frames?

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
How many of you out there wear something from O's Rx frame line(s)?

I have to get some glasses & am obviously interested in some O frames ... though I am finding it difficult locating some for a wider fave, like mine ... something like 55 18, 55 17.

I guess I really do not know what I am asking, ... maybe for nothing more than folks' experiences with the Rx side of our fave company here ...

I got my first pair of Oakley Rx frames about 2.5 yrs ago, the Clubface OX3102-03 with measurements 54-17-143. I like them but admittedly I only wear them for a few mins each morning and night because I'm wearing contacts 99% of the time, unless my eyes are irritated and then I'll wear glasses for a few days. I should also mention my frame choices are a bit limited due to my prescription which is -8.5, but getting the "high index" lenses definitely helps. I might look to pick up a new pair this year. The main reason I wanted O Rx glasses was for the "unobtainium" because sometimes my old glasses would slip off if I bent down or something.

A long while back I was at the Oakley Vault when I spotted a pair of Rx wiretaps, and tried them on. They are 54-20-140, and I was silly surprised that they fit, I have a giant head and usually have a hard time finding frames wide enough that work with my bridge-less nose. I snapped them up, and years later had Rx polarized lenses put in for driving as my prescription is too weak to warrant contacts under sunglasses. I ♡ my oakleys!

Not sure how big of a difference there is size wise but I wear the Transistor and its 54 18. Lots of flex in the arms if your head is wider.

Crosslinks fit me great but unfortunately my prescription is too high for the frame. Keep that in mind when looking for frames too.

@pistolpetefan23 Oakley have now widened their range of Rx lenses from +2 to -3 to a massive +4 to -6 so you may be able to get some now. I would not be without my Rx Juliets/XS/Wiretap/Flack Jacket sunglasses which require the curvature of the lenses. I believe they also do clear/transition lenses if you want standard lenses.

Regarding frames, I wear the Transistor also, nice a light. There is a new version now, called the Lizard which has a slightly deeper lens. Apparently this will help accommodate those like myself that are suffering from shortening arms (LOL).

Presently I wear Planks, Overlords and when working my Michael Jordan OO Wires. All have different prescriptions but marginaly so. Presenly I have +4, +4.5 . The MJ OO's are good for just general work, they fit well (apart from the split Ear sock....the other one vanished)and stay on when working at odd angles. The Planks I wear most, they are very comfortable and I sometimes forget I'm weaing them. The Overlords are my newest and I'm trying to keep them scratch free.........for as long as possible! I've also got a paiir of O5's (my first Oakley RX), Split Threads and Nanowire 2.0's. I do love the frameless look, but not the fragilllity of that type, having crushed those glasses by accidentsnt.

How many of you out there wear something from O's Rx frame line(s)?

I have to get some glasses & am obviously interested in some O frames ... though I am finding it difficult locating some for a wider fave, like mine ... something like 55 18, 55 17.

I guess I really do not know what I am asking, ... maybe for nothing more than folks' experiences with the Rx side of our fave company here ...
Sorry kinda late to the party but I've had a bunch of different RX frames. Most recently the Gasket, Servo and Crosslink. The Crosslink is by far my favorite RX frame I've ever had. Besides comfort, the have the rubber on the arms and nose which help keep them in place. Over the years....with my fat face LOL... I've notice that all my RX frames tend to lose its curve and the frames seem to flatten out and keep sliding down my nose which causes some nasty headaches. I don't know if it because I used them actually more than my sunglasses or what. It was most notable with the Servo frame. But the Crosslink, I put it through hell and I see that it has flatten out a bit..BUT it still stays in place and is comfortable and it was when I first bought it. Again kinda late, but hope it helps

Latest Posts

Back