• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Rx Frames?

some shops bend the rules. Which is not good for you especially when you pick up high wrapped frames eg. base 8 curve.

lol, not really if your optician of choice is well versed in his/her craft. Some opticians find it harder to do lenses which snap-in (i.e. O Matter frames) and sometimes they do mess up and end up flattening the frame profile by inserting ill fitted lenses.

Oakley does say that fitting their frames with non-Oakley RX lenses voids the warranty. I don't usually break my frames so this was not an issue on my part.

I also usually stick with 6-base lenses to minimize the possibility of peripheral vision. I would probably stick with Oakley direct if I wanted to do something 8-base or more.

some shops bend the rules. Which is not good for you especially when you pick up high wrapped frames eg. base 8 curve.
This is not strictly true that it is bending the rules. As far as I am aware the Rx line of glasses do not require special Oakley treatment. Vision Express provide Oakley Rx glasses but would only go down the Oakley lense route if requested by the customer, they use their own lenses. However, if we talk about sunglasses, this is different proposition due to curvature, as you stated. There is not that much option out there and personally if you have Oakley sunglasses it is nice to use the lenses and colour options they give. Love my OO Red, Black Iridium and Ice Iridium Rx lenses.

I just ordered 2 pairs of Oakley RX frames, they were "buy one get one free" at Pearle Vision. They will be my first pair of Oakley RX frames. I got a pair of Marshals, and a pair of Keel Blades. I am also getting the Oakley RX lenses. Not cheap, but exactly what I wanted so I cannot complain.

Back