• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley says they are fake. What are my options?

Blackls1z

Oakley Beginner
Hey all. I'm looking to see what my options are. I sent my juliets in for a tune up since they are very flexible. ....I guess that will happen after 9 years of use . I purchased them back in 2006 or so from sunglass hut. I was so excited to get them back like new today. To my disappointment I received them back in the same shape as I had sent them with a note saying they are fakes!!! Has anyone heard of sunglass hut selling fake oakleys? I put fake lenses in to get me by until I could come up with the $ for the real replacements (which was now) so I'm not sure if that is why they said they are fake or if they are really fake. What are my options?

That is 100% why they are calling your style fake. Sunglass Hut never sells fake Oakleys, I have purchased a ton from them over the years.
By placing aftermarket lenses in your Juliet, Oakley has noticed that some/or all of your product is not authentic.
Just replace your lenses with Oakley lenses and send in for your tune up.

If you need additional verification, post pics of them here and we can tell you for sure. Be sure to include the orbital breaks, the inside of the nosebridge, the top of the hinges, and the ends of the earstems.

Thanks for the quick reply. I told the guy on the phone at Oakley I had put cheap lenses in them when I ordered the tune up and new lenses. Wish he would have given me a heads up so I wouldn't have wasted $20 in shipping.

It's a little late now but just an FYI for the future, most people send "naked" frames in to Oakley. No rubber, no lenses, etc, to get the most out of the tune up that they can.

Here are a couple pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back