• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley says they are fake. What are my options?

Yes and yes. He cares about customer satisfaction with his work. Look at the "X-Man's Customer Corner" sticky thread at the top of this x-metal discussion forum.

Indeed he does. If your not happy with a finish he did or anything then he isn't happy. Great member to deal with. Top notch service and quality work!

I'd wager it's not aftermarket lenses that put them off, but the lack of gaskets in the orbital breaks. Plus, they're closed so tight that, at a cursory glance, it looks like there isn't a proper break and that is a tell-tale of fakes. Of course, a pair in for service shouldn't only have been given a cursory glance, but I bet that's what happened.

You'll be wanting some new gaskets before you put new lenses in - that's a little bit of additional stress on them.

Where should I go to get lenses? Does anyone sell any Oakley lenses for the juliet? The Oakley site doesn't appear to have any.

There's some on ebay, if you can discern OEM from aftermarkets. And there's some for sale here on the forum, once you have exchange access. And there's people here who'll cut suitable OEM donors for other frames to fit, called custom cuts.

I would have imagined in this situation they would have contacted you with more specific information, instead of just telling you they were fakes. No Oakley employee in the right mind should consider those frames to be anything other that genuine, and if they were referring to the lenses, that should have been pointed out. It's simply bad service.

Are the gaskets that I'm missing go where the screws are that you remove to get the lenses out? I could have lost them when I did the lense swap not realizing that there were gaskets there.

I'm going to call Oakley on Monday to see if there is anything they can do for me since I'm afraid they probably sold the lenses I purchased. :-(.

Where should I go to get lenses? Does anyone sell any Oakley lenses for the juliet? The Oakley site doesn't appear to have any.
There are plenty of lenses for sale in the exchange, wait until you have access. For tune up send them to the xman and ask for "medium" tune up if you want to get blood flow to your frontal cortex. Seriously, his default is stiff (Frank?, Kronin?) which could last the rest of the frame's lifetime but he will do them looser on request. Request.

There are plenty of lenses for sale in the exchange, wait until you have access. For tune up send them to the xman and ask for "medium" tune up if you want to get blood flow to your frontal cortex. Seriously, his default is stiff (Frank?, Kronin?) which could last the rest of the frame's lifetime but he will do them looser on request. Request.
Hehehehehehehehheeh. You said.........STIFF!!!! :rofl:

Back