• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Service Center , Destroyed A Time Bomb Cannon Yellow

Just take before pics and send to Oakley before you ship it. They will want them anyway. Also might want to wait till I find out what they are going to do about this. If they tell me to pound sand, or offer the 33% and thats it, then I would send them crap. Take it to your jeweler, or just order the parts from Oakley.

Wow. The Timebomb my brother gave me looks better than that and I can tell you it's pretty messed up. At least he had the excuse of scraping it on pavement for years. It's like they ran it through a thresher.

No go on ordering parts, said I would have to send the watch in. I will wait and see how the take care of you and go from there. You shouldn't have to be going through this at all! Thanks for the advice!

Oakley contacted me today, and said they are on top of this, and they are working hard to get this resolved. They asked shipping questions, like "how was the watch packaged when you received it. Was it wrapped in anything, etc" I responded and they said they would contact me on Wednesday, hopefully with a solution. In my opinion, Oakley is doing what a company should do. They are taking thier time to make sure they investigate all they can, and make the proper decision. I am sure the decision isn't going to be a 33% off deal, due to the time they are taking with this. They are taking it seriously. If they weren't, that percentage would have already been thrown my way. Will keep you informed.

Man, that is horrible! I sure hope that Oakley is able to compensate you for what has happened. That 33% off would be unacceptable. Good luck IH!

Update: Oakley emailed this morning, and said: "All we can do is have you send the watch back to us and offer you a credit to get into a new watch. The reason for this, is that if we could repair your watch we would, but the parts are not available any longer. So at this point, what we are left with is to have you send in your watch and replace it with something you would like."

Not sure what that totally means. Oakley is working on it, and doing their part no question. They have emailed me every day keeping me informed. I could not ask for better customer care at this time. Now its time to see what they offer. On one hand it seems that they might credit some amount towards a new watch, (33%, or monetary value), but on the other hand at the end of the message, it appears maybe really replacing it with something. Not sure what something is but will find out in the morning.
X

Well I hope that Oakley gives you a credit for what your watch is worth and not the BS 33% towards another watch. That wouldn't be a good deal at all if they offered you the 33% deal. What sucks the most in that situation is if you were really attached to that watch and would have bought the same one to replace it and now you have to pick from what is available now. I wouldn't be very happy at all. I really hope they can work it out for you!

Back