• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Service Center , Destroyed A Time Bomb Cannon Yellow

Oakley rep: What watch would you like sir?
InfiniteHero: You know what? I've thought about it and I would like to replace my watch with an FMJ.
Oakley rep: Ok sir can you please hold on one second while I check that out for you?
InfiniteHero: Sure.
Oakley rep: (InfiniteHero is on hold) HOLY **** I'M GONNA GET FIRED!! Hey guys? What do I do? He wants me to replace his busted up TB with an FMJ!!!!!
Other Oakley reps: Dude, you are on your own with that one.

You could possibly have a good deal coming with a new watch although it would suck giving up that watch for good (if it meant anything to you). I hope you can get a new one for basically free since they destroyed a watch that they no longer offer.

I guess you could ask for the TB watch and Juliet combo.....(3500.00) if no go on the FMJ..... I doubt they go for that....

Final Update---- Oakley service was pretty good. I have been strung along since last Thursday, but altogether good. They said send in the watch to them, they provided a UPS ground label, (that takes about 7 business days), then said 3-4 days for them to process the watch in, and then they would give me a $1500.00 credit for whatever I would like. I asked if I Overnighted the watch at my expense, and they had it Friday, would they be able to ship mine out. They said yes, all they had to do is verify the receival of mine, and they would ship immediately. I did do that, and they recieved the watch at 11 am pacific time. I called at 4pm pacific, and they couldn't verify they had it, and then said maybe 2-3 days to process. I let it go till this afternoon, and called. They said they still show no record of it, and had to wait till then. I produced the Signature confirmation and was told they still had to wait. I called crap, and said no, You have mine, and there is no need to wait for a technitian to look at it, you ruined it, pictures proved that, so ship my MM. I called back 15min later, and was told it was passed to a supervisor to approve the credit, and then enter it into processing. At 5pm pacific, they called and said the supervisor put it in for processing, and in 24-48 hours it would ship, UPS overnight to me. What an absolute pain in the butt. If I hadn't called, they still wouldn't be doing anything about it. However, by Friday or Saturday, I should have a BNIB Minute Machine Black Dial Titanium Band in my hands. I think that is worth all the hassle. So Final disposition-------They ruined a TB original and replaced it with a MM Ti. Fair I would say.

Final Update---- Oakley service was pretty good. I have been strung along since last Thursday, but altogether good. They said send in the watch to them, they provided a UPS ground label, (that takes about 7 business days), then said 3-4 days for them to process the watch in, and then they would give me a $1500.00 credit for whatever I would like. I asked if I Overnighted the watch at my expense, and they had it Friday, would they be able to ship mine out. They said yes, all they had to do is verify the receival of mine, and they would ship immediately. I did do that, and they recieved the watch at 11 am pacific time. I called at 4pm pacific, and they couldn't verify they had it, and then said maybe 2-3 days to process. I let it go till this afternoon, and called. They said they still show no record of it, and had to wait till then. I produced the Signature confirmation and was told they still had to wait. I called crap, and said no, You have mine, and there is no need to wait for a technitian to look at it, you ruined it, pictures proved that, so ship my MM. I called back 15min later, and was told it was passed to a supervisor to approve the credit, and then enter it into processing. At 5pm pacific, they called and said the supervisor put it in for processing, and in 24-48 hours it would ship, UPS overnight to me. What an absolute pain in the butt. If I hadn't called, they still wouldn't be doing anything about it. However, by Friday or Saturday, I should have a BNIB Minute Machine Black Dial Titanium Band in my hands. I think that is worth all the hassle. So Final disposition-------They ruined a TB original and replaced it with a MM Ti. Fair I would say.

I would say that is pretty fair. I'm glad they worked something out with you. It's still a shame your TB got jacked up in the first place. It makes no sense why an employee would handle a customer's product like that and expect nothing to come of it and for you just to be cool with it. Don't you just wish you could talk to the person responsible and ask why the hell they would do something like that? That's just ridiculous. I would lose sleep at night if it were me that damaged someone else's product. Well in the end all that matters is you got taken care of, but damn, what a ****ty way for that to happen.

I'm glad they have made the right decision in rectifying your situation. Seems like the matter took longer than it should have, but at least the ultimate result was fair. I hope you enjoy your new MM! Share some pics when you get it!

Latest Posts

Back