• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Shooting Bag

double

I should Work at Oakley
Illinois
Anyone have an Oakley bag they use for carrying handguns, ammo, etc?
Curious if so which bag and what you think of it. I'd like to find an O bag but the 4 gun bag that Glock makes is pretty nice and made specifically for it.

I haven't seen anything made by Oakley that would do a better job than something firearm specific. I'm a fan of the Midway-branded items from Midway. They go on sale periodically and are pretty well priced.

I ran into a member here the other day at a local gun shop and range... He had all of his pistols and stuff in a AP Computer bag.
I also have a AP Sandbag that works pretty well...

I used to use the mens "Body Bag" when I would take my pistol to the range, the only problem is that it isn't very thick so the weapon could move around unless you stuff it with foam. It was the perfect size for my 9MM and a box of ammo though.

BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKweJCcpQaQdpC2kIaQMFYgI.jpg?class=zoomer-img-main+OneLinkNoTx&mpdistrans=alt

I used to use the mens "Body Bag" when I would take my pistol to the range, the only problem is that it isn't very thick so the weapon could move around unless you stuff it with foam. It was the perfect size for my 9MM and a box of ammo though.

BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKweJCcpQaQdpC2kIaQMFYgI.jpg?class=zoomer-img-main+OneLinkNoTx&mpdistrans=alt

I use this one as well if I am only bring one gun to the range... Works well, zippered pocket inside for a few mags... Saw one at the vault last weekend for $30...

I use a few LAPG branded soft cases. They hold ~5 mags fine and have a separate zippered, padded compartment inside for the pistol itself. You can tell they're not as nice as one that costs $35, $45, or more, but they're $7 I think (that might be what I paid on sale). You could probably get a box of ammo in it, but a single 50rd box could just as easily be loaded into 5 magazines at 10rd a piece if that's all you're going to bring.

Michigan requires the firearm be transported separate from the ammo. I usually put the pistol bags in the trunk and have my Midway medium range bag with all the ammo in my back seat. Then everything back in the trunk for the ride home since there's no longer any ammo.

Back